cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Can anyone share LTE speed in b.c

Hi I used to be with public but switched away. I now need a second line and am thinking about having that on public mobile. But can anyone share LTE speed  in b.c if possible close to new Westminster.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Can anyone share LTE speed in b.c

Speed is decent in BC area.   You wont get much LTE speed result as it used up too many data.  

You can simply sign up for a short term and test it in your area by yourself, results varies, depends on many variables.

I know I just want to know near Douglas college if possible. Is it useable. I'm going to order a SIM card.
Mayor / Maire

Hey @Harvir_K,

You can expect excellent data speeds in most areas where there is Telus coverage.

Recently, PM fixed a bug that was resulting in slower LTE speeds.  Read the last few pages of this thread where people have reported speedtest results, many of them from BC:  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Is-Public-Mobile-s-LTE-throttled-vs-Telus-...

Hoepfully someone from the specific area you are interested in will comment sooner or later.  

Thanks once my SIM card comes I will bring my second line to public and maybe move my first one here too.
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Borrow a sim card from Telus/Bell and test.  The result is the same.

My old sim card might be able to work with public. I will ask a mod when does a SIM card expire.
Oracle

@Harvir_K

You can check for the cell towers in your area on this map:
https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html
PM uses any green (Telus) or blue (Bell) towers. You can also click on the individual towers to see which bands they support.

Mayor / Maire

If the old sim card was already used, then you have 90 days from the day the last plan expired on that sim card.  If more than 90 days have passed, then you can toss it.

If its an unused sim card, it doesnt really expire until activated first.  

It's been about 20 days