cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone help?

Katestalker
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Paid our bill on Monday but our phone isn’t working. I’ve emailed Moderator team and no response. Who else do I contact? I need my phone for work and my boss has no more patience for this. Thanks in advance 

15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Zz:

That was fantastic. Everybody's got a hard luck story. That's why they're here. Everybody thinks their hard luck story is more worthy of needing to jump the queue. I'm yelling at the screen...get in line! 🙂

Zz
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Can't really rely on personal situations to make the team work any faster. Far as we're concerned as a society we think like this, "My problem should always be solved before anyone else's because my situation is terminally unique." This is okay to think but reality is what we have to live with. Public mobile is a less expensive company because it's all online support. If you want to please your boss, step up and pay for instant service with a company like Telus or something. If you have no patience for slow service, Public Mobile can't really please you, your boss or anybody for that matter. We're all in the same boat here. Low income buyers with 1st class problems and nobody solving them for us at the instant speed we want them to. I hope they give you the service you need and in the meantime this message helping ease the mind a little bit. Thanks for sharing.

@Katestalker wrote:

That worked!! Thank you guys so much 🙂 

Hi, that is great. Would you kindly mark which ever post you consider to be the solution so others will be able to see what worked for you?

Thanks

Katestalker

That worked!! Thank you guys so much 🙂 

@Katestalker wrote:

Thanks. Account is active

If it is working then great. Enjoy.

If it still isn't working you can go into self serve - Plan and Add-ons - Lost/Stolen Phone - Suspend Service.

Log out and wait 10 minutes.

Go back in and select "Found"

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

Katestalker

Thanks. Account is active

@Katestalker wrote:

How do I check if it’s active? Sorry, I think I’m the least cell phone friendly user out there! I appreciate the help guys. 

All good.

Go to your self serve account and it will say it there.

EDIT: It will be right after "Account Status"

Katestalker

How do I check if it’s active? Sorry, I think I’m the least cell phone friendly user out there! I appreciate the help guys. 

@Katestalker wrote:

I paid online, Monday morning.

Have you tried what @ShawnC13 suggested?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Katestalker wrote:

Did you try the suggestions from ShawnC13?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@krazykiwi wrote:

Unrelated to your issue is your boss' lack of patience. If he rquires you to have a working mobile phone than have him povide it...if does not want to then have him provide you a contract that says you must have a phone so you can claim it on your taxes as an employment expense. If you boss is unwilling to do either than they have no right to put pressure on you for not having a working phone. Having a working phone is not law in Canada and if your boss requires/wants you to have one then they must do 1 of the above. Far too many people believe this is a must for their job whereas it is not unless it is provided or stipulated in the contract!

My thoughts exactly with that other guy with the PUK problem in a remote work site.

But then we're also somewhat over a barrel to get and keep a job too. It sucks. Friggin' employers.

Katestalker

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@Katestalker wrote:

Paid our bill on Monday but our phone isn’t working. I’ve emailed Moderator team and no response. Who else do I contact? I need my phone for work and my boss has no more patience for this. Thanks in advance 

Unrelated to your issue is your boss' lack of patience. If he rquires you to have a working mobile phone than have him povide it...if does not want to then have him provide you a contract that says you must have a phone so you can claim it on your taxes as an employment expense. If you boss is unwilling to do either than they have no right to put pressure on you for not having a working phone. Having a working phone is not law in Canada and if your boss requires/wants you to have one then they must do 1 of the above. Far too many people believe this is a must for their job whereas it is not unless it is provided or stipulated in the contract!

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Katestalker wrote:

When you login to self serve does your account say active yet you have no service?  Something that has worked for some people is to go in to your self serve and report your phone lost or stolen, this will de-activate your SIM.  After about 5 minutes go back in and say you found your phone and it re-activates the SIM.  This trick might be the little kick it needs.  If it doesn't others have found success by going into self serve and making a payment of $1 and for some reason that has worked also.  If those don't work and you have messaged the mods that is all you can do but wait and I would say response time is at around 72+ hours unfortunately

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

public2

Paid with voucher/online? The moderator downtime can be around approximately 24hrs. 

Need Help? Let's chat.