cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Make and Receive Calls and Texts But Cannot Receive Calls

Mleier
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,  I tried to transfer my son's phone number over from Lucky Mobile only to find out that Lucky had cancelled his account a few days prior.  Yesterday morning I got a call from Public Mobile customer service saying that they were having problems transferring the number.  Our call got disconneccted and no one called me back.  There doesn't seem to be any phone number that I can call back to speak with someone at Public.  In the mean time, the phone can make calls and the caller ID shows the correct number, and it can send and receive texts.  However, if you try to call the number, it says "this number is not in service".  I have called Lucky and the say that cannot reactivated the account with the number and that they cannot release the number because it is not in their system any more.  What do I do now?  I would very much like to keep the number.  Is it maybe possible to set it up as a new number and requesting a custom number instead of transferring it over?  How do I get in touch with customer service to move forward with setting this account up?  Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Mleier wrote:

Hello,  I tried to transfer my son's phone number over from Lucky Mobile only to find out that Lucky had cancelled his account a few days prior.  Yesterday morning I got a call from Public Mobile customer service saying that they were having problems transferring the number.  Our call got disconneccted and no one called me back.  There doesn't seem to be any phone number that I can call back to speak with someone at Public.  In the mean time, the phone can make calls and the caller ID shows the correct number, and it can send and receive texts.  However, if you try to call the number, it says "this number is not in service".  I have called Lucky and the say that cannot reactivated the account with the number and that they cannot release the number because it is not in their system any more.  What do I do now?  I would very much like to keep the number.  Is it maybe possible to set it up as a new number and requesting a custom number instead of transferring it over?  How do I get in touch with customer service to move forward with setting this account up?  Thanks!

If a number is no longer Active with your Previous Provider that means you no longer are the owner of the number.  The only way that Port Request can be Resubmitted is if Lucky can Reactivate the account but talking to there off shore call centre means you are talking to a wall. So really you have no choice but to get a new PM number. Log in to your self serve account and do a number change. 

Chassech
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You can only transfer a number if it’s still active, so if lucky disconnected it before the transfer that makes it inactive and therefore it can’t be transferred. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Mleier, there was a Telus support number posted for porting issues.  I am having trouble with remember the key word search for finding that post.  Generally, porting support for Public Mobile is through the moderator team.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using using smartforms which is initiated by clicking on the ? on the lower right corner of the webpage. The guided process will facilitate documentation of the issue or concern and the required resolution. This process supports quicker problem resolution. Refer to this announcement link for additional details on smartforms and the ticketing system for moderator team interactions.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

For porting usually you need to keep your other account active.  You could contact a moderator.

Moderator can be reached at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mleier 

If you're not attached to that phone number then sure...you can select a number from the Change Number feature. At this point the choices are quite limited. At activation you can scroll through many numbers. Tip: try calling the number before selecting it - if someone answers then it's not really actually available.

But yes, as you've discovered, accounts need to be active to transfer.

Need Help? Let's chat.