cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use a bell sim card for PM or do I need a PM sim card?

waternlava
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

9 REPLIES 9

NMateo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

No you cant, you need to buy a PM sim card

petesinfloor
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hello if you have a Superstore close by they sell the sim card, then go home and activate and transfer your number

Yes, the giveaways can be claimed up to and including Christmas Day. The only thing expiring today is the Dec 4 - 8 extra 1 Gb of permanent data added to $35+ plans. That is an additional 1Gb added to those plans every month, not the 1Gb of roll over data add-on that expires once it is consumed. It is designed to kick in if you use all your monthly plan data up a bit too soon. Any part of it not used rolls over to be available again in the future until you have used it all up.

AE_Collector

Jamesh11

@AE_Collector wrote:

@Jamesh11 

Walmart can be a PITA to deal with but I don't believe there are any current bonuses that they would have any say over. Everyone gets the two Christmas bonuses and the permanent 1Gb data add-on for $35+ plans (thatvends today) iscspplied by PM. Biggest thing Walmart could mess up is your referral code but that is a rare problem and PM will fix it.

But ordering a SIM today isn't going to work for someone who is trying to grab the 1Gb permanent data bonus promotion that ends today. They need to get a card from a dealer today.

AE_Collector

Just to clarify though as I may have misunderstood this post here below about the giveaways

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Free-Gifts-for-All-During-our-More-is-M...

There it states that the giveaways will be available until December 25

@Jamesh11 

Walmart can be a PITA to deal with but I don't believe there are any current bonuses that they would have any say over. Everyone gets the two Christmas bonuses and the permanent 1Gb data add-on for $35+ plans (that ends today) is supplied by PM. Biggest thing Walmart could mess up is your referral code but that is a rare problem and PM will fix it.

But ordering a SIM today isn't going to work for someone who is trying to grab the 1Gb permanent data bonus promotion that ends today. They need to get a card from a dealer today.

AE_Collector

Jamesh11

Hi

I just did the same you are trying to do....leave Bell for PM

You can't use the Bell sim

Easiest thing to do is order a $9.45 PM sim from Amazon. Then sim in hand wait for a bonus add on that you fancy and sign up

Walmart sells them as well, but pending your luck on a sales representative you could be led astray as they may not provide you your add on bonuses

Regards

James

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@waternlava 

No.  You need a PM SIM card.

Telus owns PM and Koodo.  PM does not let people to use Telus or Koodo SIM card.  Forget about using the competitor Bell SIM card.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@waternlava you need a public mobile Sim card!  You can get activated at Walmart,  superstore mobile shop or London drugs or order a Sim card from public mobile site or Amazon 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@waternlava 

I don't think there are any providers that would let you use another providers' SIM. No/Yes. You need a PM SIM.

Need Help? Let's chat.