cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I still receive calls after I run out of Talk minutes?

cdntinpusher
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can I still receive calls after I run out of Talk minutes, or is both the ability to call out and receive suspended til the start of the next billing cycle?

Thanks,

Chris

10 REPLIES 10

As an anecdote, on the current $15 plan, outgoing calls to toll-free numbers like 1-800, 844, 888 do not consume your minutes, and will still work when all outgoing minutes have been consumed.

With that said, the $5 add on is a great option for the $15 plan.

danijel
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Once you have exeeded your 100 mins outgoing, you will no longer be able to call out. However if you find you need more minutes you can just buy an add on of $5 that gives you 500 mins Canadawide outgoing and if you don't use them all they will carry over onto the next month(s).You don't necessary need to buy that add on every month too if let's say you only use 100 mins per month of that 500 it will do you for 5 months.  In that case you won't need to switch to the $25 plan, you can just keep that $15 plan and buy 500 more minutes at a time. 

@cdntinpusher wrote:

Thanks to everyone who answered. I am on the newer version of the $15 plan, only having joined last Nov.  While it is highly unlikely that I will ever reach 100 minutes outgoing, it is good to know that I will still be able to receive incoming calls in that event.  I don't understand why anybody is paying the rates other companies charge compared to what Public Mobile gives you.  I am a super-fan!!!!!!!!

Yes I agree, PM's rates can't be beat especially with autopay discount and other rewards factored in:) 

Just a suggestion, if you haven't already, it would be a good idea to add $5/500 Canada wide minutes add-on to your account to supplement the 100 outoing plan mins.  These mins don't expire and only get used when you've used up plan mins before renewal and the rest will roll over every cycle until completely used up. 

cdntinpusher
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks to everyone who answered. I am on the newer version of the $15 plan, only having joined last Nov.  While it is highly unlikely that I will ever reach 100 minutes outgoing, it is good to know that I will still be able to receive incoming calls in that event.  I don't understand why anybody is paying the rates other companies charge compared to what Public Mobile gives you.  I am a super-fan!!!!!!!!

@AresPalace wrote:

If you are on the $15 monthly plan, which is the only plan limited in minutes to my knowledge, you should still be able to receive incoming calls even after you run out of talk minutes. It states on the plan's banner.

There was an older version of the $15 plan which didn't have the unlimited incoming minutes, so depends on which $15 plan OP has.  Plus you don't automatically get upgraded to the newer better version of the current plan unfortunately, OP would have needed make the change themself to the new $15 (if applicable).  There was also $10 (no longer available) plan with a limited 50 incoming/outgoing mins total, plus 50 outgoing texts but unlimited incoming texts.  Of course, we don't know what plan OP has:)

AresPalace
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If you are on the $15 monthly plan, which is the only plan limited in minutes to my knowledge, you should still be able to receive incoming calls even after you run out of talk minutes. It states on the plan's banner.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@cdntinpusher If you have unlimited incoming Canada wide calling, then yes, you will receive calls even if you run out of minutes.  You can also purchase the $5 for 500 minute add on. If you have an Android phone, you can use Google hangouts and Google dialer combined to make calls over WiFi. And the app TextNow for calls and texts over WiFi on any type of phone. 

@cdntinpusher wrote:

Can I still receive calls after I run out of Talk minutes, or is both the ability to call out and receive suspended til the start of the next billing cycle?

Thanks,

Chris

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@cdntinpusher wrote:

Thanks,

Chris

@cdntinpusher  It depends  on your plan, if you have unlimited incoming then you should still receive incoming calls. If you have the $15 plan make sure you are using the newer version that includes the unlimited incoming minutes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cdntinpusher wrote:

Thanks,

Chris

$15 plan - yes.

$10 plan - no.

Edit: original $15 plan - no Edit: my edit was ninja'd by geopublic 🙂

Get the $5 add-on in either case.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

I think you should still be able to receive calls which is unlimited for all plans of $15 or more.  Once you run out of minutes then you won't be able to make calls.

Need Help? Let's chat.