cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I register public mobile account under my retail business?

cafri1984
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am using public mobile since the last October and very satisfied with the service.

(It is cheap and reliable service)

I am going to open a new store on May 1st. I want to use this for my business If it is possible.

Can I register a Public mobile account with my incorporated retail business?

10 REPLIES 10

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@cafri1984  I know you have not had any issues, with the service, but since you want to use this line as a business line, I would reccomend switching to a second tier provider.

There are countless threads in the forum of people losing service on their business line and having to wait for mods upto 48 hours or longer, causing lost business, lost interviews, getting fired etc....

Also you need to request invoices from mods monthly some do it yearly...

@Luddite 

But I had confirmed with Tanya??? and she confirmed there was a conflict here with allowing an American to set up an account. There is two places on the site and one includes that they can and the other does not mention. She confirmed that Americans can sign up with a USA address and a USA credit card....so obviously would it not make sense they would use there American number for an alternative number? I doubt if Public Mobile would ever phone you ....but used more for proof of identity. 

@LurganIeUk FYI: Alternate number must be Canadian. In theory, it's the backup number to reach the account holder.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Luddite 

The only real item to open an account is the "Alternate Number", which must be any actual Canadian number (I believe).

Don’t forget a USA credit card and address is acceptable, so likely an alternate USA number is too. 

The OP needs to also research the billing “invoice” so the cost can be written off as a business expense. 

Thanks @Luddite  for clearing that up. I didn't know if you could register a corporation as an account holder with PM.  

While I don't know FOR SURE, I suspect the OP is talking about changing the account from having his/her personal name on the account, to it being under the name of the business in question..... come to think about it, you CAN go into your self-serve account and change the name on the account, while leaving all other info as-is, such that when getting a printout for tax purposes, the account WOULD then have the business name on it.....

@gblackma FYI: none of the data in an account must be "real". The only requirement for service is paying for the service. If a credit card is not used, not even the address must be real.

The only real item to open an account is the "Alternate Number", which must be any actual Canadian number (I believe).

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@cafri1984 Yes if you put your PM number for your contact info for business or business credit card, or anything related to your business. Then, just print a yearly statement and give to your accountant to do taxes.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@cafri1984  Public is a prepaid service you can do whatever you wish.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@cafri1984 I don't know. Contact a moderator and ask them. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon. Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)

Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there. 

You can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification in your email INBOX.
My settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

Please tell us what the answer was. Thanks.

Need Help? Let's chat.