cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I keep my phone number from Bell?

marywaterman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm leaving Bell and switching to PM. Can I keep my same phone number?

7 REPLIES 7

cin7
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Ditto to all replies so far. My experience with porting from another phone provider was positive, and complete in about 30 minutes.

When the porting is successful for you, you can expect to receive a text message informing you.

Good luck!

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@marywaterman All true; still I suggest BE PREPARED

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Amine_E
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hi 🙂
Thank you for reaching out to us!

We will be more than happy to assist you with your questions 🙂

All you need to do is to pick a line with random # and send a port request just like this:

1-Go to publicmobile.ca and then click My account.
2-Log in to your self-serve account.
3-Select Plan and Add-ons tab from Overview page.
4-Select Change Phone Number from Plan Summary page.
5-Transfer # IN

Don't forget that the line need to be active to port it in

I hope that you are satisfied with the response and that I have correctly answered to all your needs

Please let us know If you have any other concern

We wish you an excellent day!

-Amine

Here is an extra tip: You can find many answers to your questions on our ***Knowledge Base*** web page https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/tkb-p/knowledge_base

---
Enter our Ice Cream Day contest here by 12:00PM EST, February 11th for a chance to win one $50 eGift card for Dairy Queen!
No purchase necessary.
Read complete Contest Rules before entering.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

Yes, as long as the number is still active with Bell. The port may not be immediate, you can use your Bell SIM card intil it stops working, at which point the port has gone through and you can switch to the PM SIM card and it should be working.

Sowmya
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes you can,

your old

@lukealex121 wrote:

Absolutely. When activating your Public Mobile account/SIM, select the option to port your number over from a different provider. You will need to provide your account number from Bell, as well as any PIN or other information that identifies that the account is yours. 

Porting a number over typically happens quite quickly, but be aware that it sometimes can take a short while to process. 

Once the port is complete, your old account from Bell will be automatically canceled (don’t do it yourself or the port won’t work), and you will be able to use the same phone number as normal, just with PM. 

Welcome to Public Mobile, if you have any more questions about this process I’d be happy to help!

number will work with Public mobile network

welcome to publicmobile

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@marywaterman wrote:

I'm leaving Bell and switching to PM. Can I keep my same phone number?

Hi @marywaterman, just to add what has been said when porting I find it better to only use the account number and the name on the account.  That is enough and seems to work great.  Thanks to @will13am, for this tip and I have used it since.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

lukealex121
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Absolutely. When activating your Public Mobile account/SIM, select the option to port your number over from a different provider. You will need to provide your account number from Bell, as well as any PIN or other information that identifies that the account is yours. 

Porting a number over typically happens quite quickly, but be aware that it sometimes can take a short while to process. 

Once the port is complete, your old account from Bell will be automatically canceled (don’t do it yourself or the port won’t work), and you will be able to use the same phone number as normal, just with PM. 

Welcome to Public Mobile, if you have any more questions about this process I’d be happy to help!

Need Help? Let's chat.