cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I keep my current phone number when switching?

Typical_Whale
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

HI, I'm thinking of switching over to public mobile from Bell but I'm concerned about my phone number changing, is there a way I can keep my current phone number?  Another quick question is will I have to continue to pay for my old phone number from bell?

6 REPLIES 6

luke11992
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@luke11992 wrote:

Yes you can keep your old number, just make sure you don't cancel your Bell account yet, or else that will get rid of your number. Keep your Bell plan while signing up with Public Mobile, then you can cancel your Bell account after the porting is complete. Although for me at least, after porting, it automatically cancelled my old cell phone plan for me.

@luke11992, porting out will close the account with any provider.  You should never have to contact the provider after to close your account

Ok thanks for confirming that.

@luke11992 wrote:

Yes you can keep your old number, just make sure you don't cancel your Bell account yet, or else that will get rid of your number. Keep your Bell plan while signing up with Public Mobile, then you can cancel your Bell account after the porting is complete. Although for me at least, after porting, it automatically cancelled my old cell phone plan for me.

@luke11992, porting out will close the account with any provider.  You should never have to contact the provider after to close your account

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Typical_Whale

As suggested, after testing your new PM service, you can port your Bell number to PM online using

[Plan and Add-Ons]--> [Change Phone Number] --> [Transfer a wireless or wireline number ]

luke11992
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

mimmo

yes no problems. its called porting you can do it during activation or what is reccomended is to get a temporary number to make sure service is working 100% then log into selfserve and initiate teh port.  all you need is your bell account number and the name  on teh account exatly.  dont worry about the pin or imei.

mimmo

Need Help? Let's chat.