cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I just activate a number for 1 month?

jopen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It says pay by month. No contract. So if I activate a number today and next month I decide I don't need it do i cancel or just not pay?

6 REPLIES 6

DL888
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

PM has no contract, if you don't pay, you don't get service. 

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jopen Just don't make any payments and the account/phone number will cancel itself after 2-3 months of no payments.  Simple, painless, no work for you to actually do, just the SIM will no longer be valid.  Just make sure not to set up auto-pay, people tend to forget to remove it.

SomeFriend
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have done this personally for visiting relatives before.  When PM used to offer a fixed service credit as a sign up bonus, I got crafty and signed up three SIMs with the intention to only use it for two weeks. 

Long story short, I got quite a bit for very little.  Did enable autopay but removed it after I got home (as I just wanted the $2) and the SIMs were left to expire after they were done.  This couldn't be repeated in subsequent months on the same SIM card anyway.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jopen wrote:

It says pay by month. No contract. So if I activate a number today and next month I decide I don't need it do i cancel or just not pay?

Just don't pay. Don't register a credit card. Don't have autopay on.

It's a prepaid service. When you don't pay...it stops.

After that, you don't need to care what happens.

Yes, just don’t pay for next month and the account will be suspended. I think you have 90 or 120 days to reactivate the number by paying before the account will be completely cancelled.

Terry

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@jopenYes you can just note the SIM card is not reusable.

Need Help? Let's chat.