cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I join PM without changing number

theNorthFish
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I have already had a number of other network, is it possible to join public mobile without changing my old number?  Thanks.

15 REPLIES 15

AresPalace
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes, I would first join public mobile without porting your old number first.

After you successfully joined Public Mobile, I would then log into your self serve account. 

In the big "My Profile" box under the "referral" box, there should be an option to "Change Number." Afterwards, there is going to be an option to port your number from your previous providor. 

@theNorthFish wrote:

Hi,

I have already had a number of other network, is it possible to join public mobile without changing my old number?  Thanks.

Yes: Usually, you can transfer a phone number from another carrier to Public Mobile. However, there are some exceptions to this all not all phone numbers are eligibile.  For example, Public Mobile must also offer local phone number in the city that your phone number is from. If they don't, the number can't be ported in.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @theNorthFish 

You have 3 options.

1. Go into a store and have a clerk open your account and port the number.

2. Get a sim and port the number during the signup process

3. Signup for public mobile, test it, make sure it works well with you phone and in your area, then initiate the transfer from your selfserve account.

Depending on how you would like to proceed, we can give you more detailed steps 

Make sure you number is active with your old provider

Welcome to public Mobile

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@theNorthFish don't forget a referral code for a $10 sign up bonus.

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

Lar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@theNorthFish   Just make sure you keep the old provider account paid up until you port the number over you want to keep.  Also please be aware the PMobile does not have a call centre so any problems will be handled either by the community or the mods if the problem involves your accouint.  Welcome and Cheers

@theNorthFish wrote:

@gblackma wrote:

Yes you can @theNorthFish 

@theNorthFish wrote:

Hi,

perfect, could you please tell me how to make it?

@theNorthFishport.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

@theNorthFish wrote:

does it charge me if I port my old number? could you please tell me the steps to make it? thanks a bunch

Other than the SIM and plan there's no charge.

Welcome to a place that is more self serve and hands on. If you feel you need more help you can always get set up in a store.

@theNorthFish wrote:

does it charge me if I port my old number? could you please tell me the steps to make it? thanks a bunch

No charge I listed the whole guide for you on the above post.

But here it is again

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Start-Guide-Setup-Activation-Port-Dat...

theNorthFish

@theNorthFish wrote:

@gblackma wrote:

@theNorthFish wrote:

Hi,

@theNorthFish 

Here is the help article on porting over your number.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/choose-your-phone-number

Anonymous
Not applicable

@theNorthFish wrote:

Hi,

Of course. It's what they call transfer number. Or perhaps more commonly - port number.

Your other service needs to be active.

Edit: jeez one thumb typing is a lot slower than four fingered typing. I'm no touch typist and nor have I mastered two thumb typing on a small screen.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@theNorthFish 

Yes, you can joint PM without changing number.  

You can port your number over from your previous carrier.  Either on activation of the SIM card or afterwards via the self service account.  

theNorthFish

@gblackma wrote:

@theNorthFish wrote:

Hi,

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@theNorthFish wrote:

Hi,

Need Help? Let's chat.