cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get a local number in Kamloops?

nmora
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello!

I just activated my SIM card but was not given the option of a local number in Kamloops, where I live.

Is there any way around this so that anyone calling me from Kamloops does not have to pay long distance?

Many thanks in advance!

nmora

6 REPLIES 6

nmora

Thanks!

I ended up using South Kamloops when I found myself in this situation. It works fine.

Have a nice weekend,

Nela

win10
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If you scroll down to South Kamloops you will find a #. In the event that you have already picked a # from say Merritt or Kelowna just click on the change my # tab to get a new #. PS you do not have to wait 30 days to get a new #. I am trying to get it changed to have N & S just come up under Kamloops as both North and South are local calls. hope this helps. If anyone knows how to have management fix this problem that would be very helpful for any newbie's save a lot of frustration. win10

After about 4 or maybe 5 months @nmora is a new PM customer! Welcome to PM from Virgin I think you were previously with?

Nmora couldn’t find a Kamloops number so took a Merritt BC number but then realized some local incoming calls were going to become long distance calls for the caller. I suggested looking for South Kamloops or North Kamloops numbers in the list as I know that is the name of the two Telus exchanges in Kamloops. South Kamloops was the trick! A little confusing for new customers.

Apparently there is some sort of grace period for new activations to switch numbers Without waiting the 30 days as this change from Merritt to S Kamloops was done within hours. Actually, I don’t think that I have ever heard of anyone actually saying they got an error message when trying to change numbers. It looks as though the initial selection of a number is not considered “a change” so you can change once every 30 days meaning you can change instantly after first activating. It is also possible that changing numbers to a different “rate area” ie: exchange in a different city or province isn’t considered a number change for this calculation.

AE_Collector 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Welcome to the community @nmora . Its the second set of numbers that determine whether your number is local or not. Ie xxx yyy xxxx. Please check the CNAC website to find the desired second set of codes for Kamloops http://www.cnac.ca/co_codes/co_code_status.htm . You can change your number to the desired local area code once each 30 day cycle through your self service account. Stay safe. 

nmora

The solution is that Kamloops is not given as an option, but South Kamloops is

AE_Collector helped me with that one.

Thanks for replying!

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@nmora after your first 30 days you can change your number in your self serve account. for now you can just cancel their call and call them back since pm has Canada wide calling.

change pass,sim,number.jpeg

Need Help? Let's chat.