cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I create an account without an existing phone number?

J_brown1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello.. as the title says i am trying to get a cell phone through public mobile.. but when i try to create an actual account it asks for a 10 digit phone number which i dont have... any tips would be nice

15 REPLIES 15

CellGirl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@J_brown1 wrote:

its very cool to have a good community like this.. i am kicking it old school activating an old blackberry for some good ol fashion talk and text, with a resonable bill haha cant wait!! 🙂 thanks again

@J_brown1 

You're using a blackberry! Now that warms my heart 😊

J_brown1

its very cool to have a good community like this.. i am kicking it old school activating an old blackberry for some good ol fashion talk and text, with a resonable bill haha cant wait!! 🙂 thanks again

Anonymous
Not applicable

@J_brown1 wrote:

Thanks for the help everybody!!

Don't let anybody tell you there's no support at Public Mobile. When I was looking at this place, that's what I heard. Sure, if you need actual account help then you have to wait for employees, but a lot of issues can be handled right here by your fellow customers.

J_brown1

Thanks for the help everybody!!

@denis2 wrote:

activation on line, not in store

Just to be sure not at walmart...or call them before to be sure they will sell you a sim card without activation in store.

denis2

activation on line, not in store to be eligible for the $25.00 credit

Anonymous
Not applicable

@J_brown1 wrote:

Thats again for the reply! very prompt..

The provider use to be bell.. I did a willmyphonework search and it looks like it will work on 3g with bell and PM!

How do i go about buying a Public Mobile Sim? 

Unless it's a really old GSM phone from Bell then yes it should be fine here other than LTE data.

You'll probably need to ask them for an unlock code. It's free. They're obligated to provide it.

Then you can go to either:

London Drugs, K Mobile, Wow Mobile, some Walmart, The Mobile Shop (Superstore/Loblaws related), apparently some (not all) Koodo outlets - to get a SIM. Some stores can do activations otherwise you do it online. There are no Public Mobile stores yet. You can order a SIM from them online though and wait for it in the mail. Some stores prefer you to activate with them too (Walmart mostly) but just go in and ask for a replacement even if you're new.

Edit: @Lieux : pretty sure that's online only for the $25.

@J_brown1 wrote:

The provider use to be bell.. I did a willmyphonework search and it looks like it will work on 3g with bell and PM!

walmartwow

There is the promotion with the 25$ for new activation in store.ONLINE at home (thanks @Anonymous )..end the 18th march!!!!

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@J_brown1 

For a sim...walmart..although some only sell if you activate instore..wow boutique...london drugs..to name a few..

denis2

You can go to Wal Mart or buy it on line

J_brown1

Anonymous
Not applicable

@J_brown1 wrote:

Thanks for the reply, I have an old cell phone with a sim card that i would like to start using. There is no service or plan associated with the sim.. Is this the sim that i would use with public mobile to get started with creating a plan and phone #?

No. That's about certainly a dead SIM. You can't re-use SIM's. You'll need to go buy a new Public Mobile SIM and activate it through the activation process.

What provider did the phone used to be on?

It'll need to be unlocked if not already.

Check with willmyphonework.net to see if it's compatible with PM.

J_brown1

Thanks for the reply, I have an old cell phone with a sim card that i would like to start using. There is no service or plan associated with the sim.. Is this the sim that i would use with public mobile to get started with creating a plan and phone #?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@J_brown1 wrote:

Hello.. as the title says i am trying to get a cell phone through public mobile.. but when i try to create an actual account it asks for a 10 digit phone number which i dont have... any tips would be nice

You can't create a self-serve account without first activating a SIM which takes you through the account creation process.

Public Mobile doesn't sell phones. Just service. (it's probably what you mean but it needed to be clarified)

CellGirl

@J_brown1 

Hi. You need to have a public mobile phone number to create a self serve account.

Need Help? Let's chat.