cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I change my credit card later if I opt for monthly payment?

danlee
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Say if down the road, I decided to change my credit card, can it be switch easily or will it disrupt my cell services when I disconnect and reconnect to the new credit card?

11 REPLIES 11

Camelia_M
Customer Support Agent

Happy to help! Robot Happy

The credit card can be changed at any time via your Self Serve account.

Please take into consideration the below information:

Steps: Log in https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/ - Payment - Delete current credit card - Register again for auto-pay

1. Please delete the current card on the account (if any);
2. Update the home address on the account to match the address used to register for the credit card;
3. When adding the card only write in the street number and name (no unit, no apartment);
4. Please use only capital letters;
5. It must be a Canadian visa debit/credit or MasterCard credit;
6. The name on the card must match the name on the account;

If you decide that you do not want automatic payments please cancel the auto-pay on your Self Serve account.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

As a suggestion, after changing the payment card, perform a $1 top up to confirm that card is working.  This will alleviate any potential for future surprises come renewal time. 

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

change card on file is simple.  just remove and add new one in self serve portal.

becauseful not to do it on renewal date.  It might mess up.

@danlee wrote:

when is the auto renewal day set at?

I have found the most accurate date is the one shown when you click on the rewards tab from the overview page.  I just recently changed my card for my renewal on April 27 as the card I was using had been comprimised and the new one didn't show up until 3 days before renewal.  I was able to remove the old one and add the new one with no issues.  I have never had any issues with autopay for any of the accounts I manage for the 18 months I have been with PM.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Your renewal date should show up in the gray panel in your account, captioned "Available Funds".  It'll appear as "Next AutoPay: May 2, 2018" (for example).

As far as changing your credit card, in your account, select Payment --> Make a Payment (should already be selected) --> Manage my card (near bottom of screen) --> if you have an existing card on file, you'll see it, with the options, "Replace this credit card" or "Remove this credit card".

Pretty easy! Only catch I've encountered is that when you register a new credit card, you also have to enter the billing name/address, and this is validated against the issuer (standard verification practice). The address has to match right down to spelling (e.g. for mine, part of it is "Street" but the CC company has it as "St", so until I revised my entry to "St" (with no punctuation) instead of "Street" it kept coming back as invalid.)

As mentioned by @jp2, doing any change to your account on AutoPay day is a bad idea.  I actually would recommend making changes from the day after AutoPay, to anytime no more than 4 days before AutoPay.

I honestly think this system works on a daily batch file processing system.  As a result, a desired change too late in the system, may not be 'updated' in time for the file to be created, thus throwing a monkey wrench into the process.

Planning is key ... do not let things go too long before making a required change.

smp99

you can see it on you main land page (Account Overview) once you log into your account near the top just below "Available Funds"

danlee
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

when is the auto renewal day set at?

smp99

Yes, I have recently changed cards when I got a new one because of expiry date. You can easily do it online inside your account.

jp2

Yes, you can change cards. I would not recommend doing it on the auto renewal day but any other day shouldn't be a problem 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

There are no issues with service by switching or removing credit cards. You don't even need a credit card for service as you can pay with vouchers.

Need Help? Let's chat.