cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I add family members instead of referrals?

punkscience
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I "manage" the accounts for some of my family members. I'd like to switch them over from their present providers too but wondered if there was a way to add their lines to my account which allows me to still benefit from the 'invite a friend' benefits/discounts? 

10 REPLIES 10

@ValeryD  You can use the same card for all of them just dont have all of their renewals on the same day. Preferably no more than two...or make manual top up payments on different days. A few days before their renewals...this is also a good way to safeguard against the occasional autopay fail. You can also take a screenshot of each account to keep track of rewards, promos etc...are being applied properly.

ValeryD
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Continue thread :
Can I use one Visa(Master) card to pay for all family members? Or I have to register other card for each account (phone #)?

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@punkscience as everyone has already mentioned, you can only have one phone number per account. So they'll all need to be created separately. I referred a few family members so it's nice getting the referral credits. I look after my mom and dad's account. However if possible I recommend you wait until you see a nice promo come up worth taking. My parents weren't in any rush so I waited for maybe 2 months and then there was the $10 plan (which PM no longer offers) and there was a $25 sign up bonus that both my parents got as well as I got. So essentially I got $50 in bonus, plus $2 ongoing referral credit, and each parent got a $25 bonus credit, so they didn't have to pay for 2 months. So just saying if there is no absolute rush I think it's worth it to wait until you see a deal you think is worth taking. Trust me, nothing sucks more than to set up new accounts on standard offers and then literally a week later some promo offers come out that you can't take advantage of. 

@smitty267  It is best to not have more than two accounts using the same payment method (cards) having their renewals on the same date. It can trigger security or fraud alerts having multiple charges from one source. Best to stagger them by a day or two. If activating on a flash sale...a couple on friday/ Saturday and a couple more sunday/ Monday.

smitty267
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Take advantage of the referral and autopay rewards offered by PM (Everybody wins).  Only one account per line but setting up an account is easy to do and easily managed especially if all set up on the same day and using the same payment method

PAULRANG18

Only one account allowed per member. They can refer each other to take advantage of 10.00 and 1.00 rewards.

zblackma

@darlicious wrote:

@punkscience  Each person requires their own account and email. Use you referral code to recieve the $1 monthly reward and each referred person will recieve the $10 referral credit. You can use another account holders referral code if you want them to benefit from the monthly reward. Like use moms on dads activation. Doesn't look like there will be a flash sale this weekend but maybe next?

Best way to do it.

@punkscience  Each person requires their own account and email. Use you referral code to recieve the $1 monthly reward and each referred person will recieve the $10 referral credit. You can use another account holders referral code if you want them to benefit from the monthly reward. Like use moms on dads activation. Doesn't look like there will be a flash sale this weekend but maybe next?

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@punkscience 

You can refer both family and friends.

There is no "bundling" with PM.

Each PM account = one phone number line = one email to sign-in.

You are permitted to use email aliases for each account if this helps you.

Remember to use your referral code (or a family member's code) for each new activation.

Some stores (like PM Kiosk or Walmart) will offer free SIM when you activate in-store.

Enjoy Public Mobile!

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@punkscience wrote:

I "manage" the accounts for some of my family members. I'd like to switch them over from their present providers too but wondered if there was a way to add their lines to my account which allows me to still benefit from the 'invite a friend' benefits/discounts? 

You can refer all your family but they require their own account with an email.  Now you can still manage them you would just need to know the sign in information.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.