cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can $10/30 days Plan receive MMS?

danlee
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Someone tried to send me photos via text but i cannot receive it, is it due to the plan i have or?

12 REPLIES 12

Montrealpost
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Great to know I can receive MMS on the $10 plan. 

I am using an old unlocked Koodo iNQ Chat 3G, cannot delete the original Koodo APN. Added "Public Mobile" under Network Access Point, then selected "Public Mobile" under Default Access Point :

Connect name :  Public Mobile

Access point name:  sp.mb.com

Authentication: None

IP address:  Automatic

Primary DNS: Automatic

Secondary DNS: Automatic

It is a very basic old phone, I can't find any other setting that seems relevant.  I tested email to MMS myself, receive notice on new message received, but download returned "failed".  Did reboot phone and retried, same result.  Help please!

p.s. This seems like a great plan for us.  I'm new in using mobile phone, wasted 3 weeks+ on the Voice Mail issue.  Hoping to get this issue resolved by end of tomorrow, before "renewing" the 30 days plan on 4/10 or 5/10.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@danlee wrote:

But i am using WIFI as another option, it should not affect receiving MMS ?  I still couldn't receive ... just keep spinning.

My mother's previous phone (Google Nexus 5) had this same behaviour when WiFi was turned on.  The only way to get it to succeed was to temporarily turn WiFi off and then re-try downloading the image, then turning WiFi back on when done again.  I imagine this same procedure will work on your LG G5.  Maybe it's an LG thing, since the Nexus 5 was built by LG as well.  I've never had trouble on my Android phones (Moto X 1st gen, OnePlus 3, now OnePlus 5T).  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@danlee yes your plan does allow for picture messaging, see screenshot below from PM back on April 13, 2018.

PM $10 Plan.PNG

But definitely a great call out by @LEGO, people tend to forget about that WIFI being enabled.

LEGO

@danlee wrote:

My plan do not have data plan, that's a bummer. ..

You missed my previous post, so I am going to repeat:

In order to receive MMS you have to enable Data on your phone.

All Public Mobile Text option plans include Data in order to send and receive MMS, but you cannot use this data for other purposes.

danlee

My plan do not have data plan, that's a bummer.  I am using a LG G5.. somehow my MMS expired.  Grrr

LEGO

@danlee What I have found by reading around is some phones have problem sending / receiving MMS over Wi-Fi. Please, turn off your Wi-Fi, turn your Data on and try to receive your MMS. Let me know what happened after you tried.

@danlee What is make/model of your phone? Do you have cellular data turned ON? What app are your using, if any?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

danlee

But i am using WIFI as another option, it should not affect receiving MMS ?  I still couldn't receive ... just keep spinning.

youbme

What phone and texting app are you using? Have you tried sending an MMS?

Some apps try to use some data in order to send/receive messages, which would cause an issue for you. If on Android, I would use the stock texting app, such as Google messages. You might have to get the MMS resent to you in order to test it out.

LEGO

In order to receive MMS you have to enable Data on your phone.

All Public Mobile Text option plans include data in order to send or receive MMS, but you cannot use this data for other purposes. Woman Wink

danlee

Thanks for the link.  I have setup my APN.. however, i still couldn't receive the MMS that was send to me on Saturday and it state will expire tomorrow.  

It just keep spining when you click download. 

LEGO

@danlee Yes, your plan is able to receive MMS. You need to setup APN network for your data to work.

Please, read this: click here

Please, create a new Public Mobile APN, don’t edit an existing one, reboot after.

Need Help? Let's chat.