cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls not working after new activation

KP2021
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I signed up yesterday.  First time there was an error code 821, but I tried again and it completed the second time.  (It looks like I have been charged twice $28, but I will deal with that in a few days once the transactions move from "pending" in my credit card)

I got the text from Telus to switch over and I hit Yes.  Inserted PM Sim card and turned back on.  Got a text message, strangely that said Welcome to Koodo.  What the heck is that?

My text messages are coming through, so it seems like the porting of the phone number worked, but I have no voice service.  When I try and hit 1 to access voice mail, it appears to dial but hands up right away.  (also for texting right now, I don't get the delivered confirmation like I did from Telus... is this just a limitation of PM?)

Should I create a ticket by going through SIMON or will one of the agents see this post?

15 REPLIES 15

KP2021

@hTideGnow wrote:

PM does not have delivery confirmation text.  

Just want to clarify this.  I asked the agent this who answered my ticket, and she said its in the settings of the messages.  Sure enough, it was there and I activated it and now I do get delivery confirmation.

It must reset to the default when you put in a new SIM card, and the default I guess is to not receive delivery receipts.  But it does now work with PM.

@KP2021   Cool.. glad it works!!! 

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@KP2021 

That's great to hear!  Perhaps something got "stuck" on your account, and logging onto a different part of the network (ie. 3G) tripped/reset something.  Regardless, thanks for letting us know.  🙂

KP2021

Ok, so not sure if this is what fixed it or not.  Right after I  switched to 3G, voice calls worked!  But when I switched back to LTE to see what it would do, and Voice calls worked as well.  So not sure if the timing is just a coincidence.  I signed up yesterday at 4pm, and its 7:30am now, so maybe the voice call transition took this long.  But nevertheless, thanks for teaching me something new!

I can also log in to my voice mail to set it up.  So thanks everyone.

@KP2021   maybe as  @Yummy   said , it just take a bit more time for the calls to come.  .. but unable to make outgoing is weird.  Usually it will be able to call out immediately.

So, you have opened a ticket with CS Agent?  Keep checking your Community inbox, envelope icon on top like this: hTideGnow_1-1626022389479.png   CS Agent will reply there

In case you still want to try changing to 3G only , these are the steps

1. Open Settings.
  2. Select More.
  3. Select Mobile networks.
  4. Select Preferred network type.
  5. Select your preferred option.

@KP2021 wrote:

How do I change the network on my phone?  (sorry, not phone a techie)

1.  4 year old Motorolla Moto E4

I have the same phone and it was working well from the day one.

It has to be something with the way they ported your number. Mind you: SMS will become available faster than phone calls. Phone calls are usually delayed by few hours.

If you still have no phone service, let say until 2-3pm today, contact MODs creating ticket:

- Use the ticketing system for a faster response time (preferred method as Ticket is assigned and easy to follow up with MODs). Click here and type ticket, then select account-specific question, then select you need a human now. Follow the prompts to submit a ticke.

Or call number I sent you by PM.

KP2021

Thanks, I just went through SIMON, but I don't think I was able to type any message, just answered the questions to submit the ticket.  At any rate, at least the process is started.

BlueB

@KP2021 

Have you already created a ticket through the SIMon chatbot?  If not, I would go ahead and do that.  The fact that you can't make any calls, but data works (and even text messages) tells me that your phone is able to connect and register with the Public Mobile network, but something funky is going on with your account.

I would briefly explain the same thing you told us (even copy+paste?) and that some features work (eg. data!) but the basic functions of just making a phone call doesn't work.  Then, I would ask if they could reprovision your account services and see if that fixes things.

KP2021

How do I change the network on my phone?  (sorry, not phone a techie)

1.  4 year old Motorolla Moto E4

2.  Vancouver, BC

Sucks about the lack of SMS delivery confirmation...

@KP2021 wrote:

2.  Yes, I can send and receive text messages (just don't get the confirmation after its sent that it was delievered)

PM does not have delivery confirmation text.  

.. and you have been using the same phone on Telus?

Try to change the network to 3G Only and see if calls going via.

Also 2 important questions:

1. what kind of phone you have (brand and model)

2.  which city or province you are at?  Just want to look up the coverage

KP2021

1.  Can't make or receive voice calls.

2.  Yes, I can send and receive text messages (just don't get the confirmation after its sent that it was delievered)

3. Data works fine.

Thanks for letting me know about the Koodo message being a bug!

KP2021

Outgoing calls not working either.  It tried to make the calls, and stops right away before even ringing.  The data works fine.

I have rebooted many times yesterday and also once this morning already.

BlueB

@KP2021 

Looks like you're doing all the right things to troubleshoot and get going... in your case, it wouldn't hurt to create a ticket if you still have problems.  Other than rebooting, a few things to double check:

1. Voice: Can you make and receive phone calls (other than voicemail)?

2. Text: Can you send and receive regular SMS text messages?

3. Data: Does data work?

There has been a few activations lately that may not have been set up correctly as a glitch from Public Mobile's activation process.  This would need a CS agent (staff) to reprovision and basically re-setup the account.  Unfortunately, this happens from time to time (and don't worry about the "Welcome to Koodo" text message... that's another thing that seems to happen!)

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@KP2021 wrote:

My text messages are coming through, so it seems like the porting of the phone number worked, but I have no voice service.  When I try and hit 1 to access voice mail, it appears to dial but hands up right away.  

@KP2021   did not just not accessing voicemail or cannot make outgoing calls and cannot receive incoming calls at all?  can you clarify?

If it is pressing 1 for voicemail.. it will come down from the Network eventually, it just take time and maybe one or two more reboot.    Maybe you can reboot again now and if not working, reboot again in another 2 hours

if you want to set up the access number yourself without waiting.  You can pick a number from this thread

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-N...

Also, is your data working?

Need Help? Let's chat.