cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls not receiving

jewelled-roses
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Please note - I've been a PM customer for over a year now and have not made any changes to my account. Everything worked fine up until today. 

90% of my incoming calls are going straight to voicemail today. I had 3 calls come through successfully today, but the rest don't register as incoming, they are not in my call history, and they go straight to voicemail. This is a major problem, as I'm a recruiter and have clients and candidates calling me all day.

Also, my family member in the same house is a Public Mobile member and she also is not receiving calls today, they go right to voicemail. 

We both can make outgoing calls no problem and we can text, it's just receiving them as of today. 

Is anyone else having problems today? It's not a Do Not Disturb issue, phone, or a SIM issue, this is two separate phones and accounts.

34 REPLIES 34

@BKNS27

I agree this issue is almost always a porting issue but we seem to be having a couple or more a day in the past week.

@jewelled-roses 

As noted by @hTideGnow, this seems to be the same issue posted recently.

I think there might be a glitch on the receive calling.

Check with a PM moderator.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

not sure if it is a PM  issue today.  there seems to be couple posts with the same issue last day or two

But try to Reseat your SIM (power down, take SIM out, wipe it clean, put it back and power up)

If still fails, try to set the Network to "3G only" and see if it helps.

If it still fails,  you can wait couple days and see if it improves.  As I said, it seems there are couple posts about this last day or two.

Or you can  open a ticket with Mod to confirm if any issue on the backend:

1. For faster response (2 to 48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request moderator assistance, or you can also use this direct link instead https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot , then type "Submit a ticket", select Account-specific issue, then select I need a human now. Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the moderator here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@jewelled-roses wrote:

Please note - I've been a PM customer for over a year now and have not made any changes to my account. Everything worked fine up until today. 

90% of my incoming calls are going straight to voicemail today. I had 3 calls come through successfully today, but the rest don't register as incoming, they are not in my call history, and they go straight to voicemail. This is a major problem, as I'm a recruiter and have clients and candidates calling me all day.

Also, my family member in the same house is a Public Mobile member and she also is not receiving calls today, they go right to voicemail. 

We both can make outgoing calls no problem and we can text, it's just receiving them as of today. 

Is anyone else having problems today? It's not a Do Not Disturb issue, phone, or a SIM issue, this is two separate phones and accounts.

@jewelled-roses normally, I would list a few things to try, ah heck, I will anyway...

Try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings

Since you are having issues on 2 accounts...and I recall someone else today saying something about this same issue?

So, if I were you, I would inquire with the Public Mobile Moderators to check on your accounts.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

Need Help? Let's chat.