cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls not receiving

jewelled-roses
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Please note - I've been a PM customer for over a year now and have not made any changes to my account. Everything worked fine up until today. 

90% of my incoming calls are going straight to voicemail today. I had 3 calls come through successfully today, but the rest don't register as incoming, they are not in my call history, and they go straight to voicemail. This is a major problem, as I'm a recruiter and have clients and candidates calling me all day.

Also, my family member in the same house is a Public Mobile member and she also is not receiving calls today, they go right to voicemail. 

We both can make outgoing calls no problem and we can text, it's just receiving them as of today. 

Is anyone else having problems today? It's not a Do Not Disturb issue, phone, or a SIM issue, this is two separate phones and accounts.

34 REPLIES 34

KPV123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

What previously fixed the problem was changing to 3G network. Check every day or two to see if 4G is working again at which time you can switch back to 4G.

apollo2004

I'm having the same issue. My parents called me and said that they left a voicemail nd both times my call hasn't registered nor has the voicemails. I'm at a loss.

@hance2  you are late into this thread.. maybe give us more details? (in fact, better to create a new post yourself for easy tracking)

So, you can only receive calls on 3G only mode?  still like this today?  The issue has been fixed, i believe.  

And you have to go with 4G to get MMS?

First, which area and province you are at?

Also, you got a new SIM card now? probably setup with a Sim Swap request?  and issue is the same before the sim swap?

hance2

I don't know if my situation has been resolved but I had to BUY another SIM card and have it attached to my account as a test

If I turn on my data to get a mms it will not load until I switch to LTE mode, so now I have to switch multiple options all the time. What a joke!

jewelled-roses

Mine is now working as well, tech support was in touch on Thursday and I tested it all day and everything works smoothly now. Hurray!

Thanks for the update.  Glad it is all over now.. after one week.

But we heard that it was an issue with the infrastructure upgrade.  I guess that's why it took long to resolve the issue.

@fwiggy wrote:

Hi all,

Another update - the issue seems to be resolved 🙂

A PM support person followed up with me today - their engineers had been working to resolve the problem and notified them today it had been fixed.

PM had me switch my network back to include LTE and called me, and the call came though regularly on my end. We tried a couple calls and they worked - that being said, I haven't tested this with anyone else.

So if you haven't already, try switching back to LTE and see if your calls come though 🙂

@fwiggy good to know!

Btw, it is fun to say your Community Name out loud. 😁

fwiggy

Hi all,

Another update - the issue seems to be resolved 🙂

A PM support person followed up with me today - their engineers had been working to resolve the problem and notified them today it had been fixed.

PM had me switch my network back to include LTE and called me, and the call came though regularly on my end. We tried a couple calls and they worked - that being said, I haven't tested this with anyone else.

So if you haven't already, try switching back to LTE and see if your calls come though 🙂

@fwiggy wrote:

Hi again,

I heard back from the mod this morning - issue has still not been fixed, but here's the info I received:

"At the moment, our engineering department continues to work on this issue.

Meanwhile, we recommend you to continue using 3G network so your calls can go through. We actually work only with 3G. All our plans are only 3G. When you see that your device gets connected to 4G, is because it gets connected to the Telus network (we share towers) however, the internet speed always remains in 3G."

Wow. That's terrible coming from a Telus/Public Mobile employee, because the information that you were given is incorrect.  Assuming device compatibility, all Public Mobile customers have access to both the HSPA+ and LTE networks. While calls are only occuring on the "3g" network, Public Mobile customers can use the LTE the netowrk for both data (limited to 3Mbps speed if on a "3g" plan) and text messaging.   The quote also ignores the fact that there are customers who aren't restricted 3Mbps speeds while connected to the LTE network.

@jewelled-roses 

Ask for the tech team ticket's reference # so you can easily follow up on its progress.

@jewelled-roses 

maybe they're trying to activate 'volte' for us? 🤞

jewelled-roses

You're getting more info than I am, I am only getting these responses from Mods:

"Thank you for replying, this situation is under investigation, I have logged a ticket to our tech team. I'll be sharing with you any updates as soon as they're made available." Followed by:

"I hope you’re doing well. I’m following up on your case to let you know that the system will be automatically closing this case due to no response in 24 hrs. but technicians will continue working to fix the issue."

No other info on what's causing it, when it will be fixed, etc. Thankfully it's not as urgent as before with the "3g only" fix suggested by others (thanks again!), but wanted to share the communications I've received as well. Thanks!

thanks for the update.

Yes, stay with 3G only on the setting so you could get all your services without interruption.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@fwiggy : One would think one would get proper clear information from the mods.

PM does talk on 3G aka UMTS/WCDMA/HSPA. It can also do text and data.

PM provides 4G aka LTE on all their plans. It can also do text.

When the phone is set to 4G/LTE first and a call comes in, the phone will switch down to 3G. When done, it switches back.

The point of setting the phone to 3G first is to let the phone be in its native 3G ready for calls without needing to switch.

fwiggy

Hi again,

I heard back from the mod this morning - issue has still not been fixed, but here's the info I received:

"At the moment, our engineering department continues to work on this issue.

Meanwhile, we recommend you to continue using 3G network so your calls can go through. We actually work only with 3G. All our plans are only 3G. When you see that your device gets connected to 4G, is because it gets connected to the Telus network (we share towers) however, the internet speed always remains in 3G."

@dkai12 wrote:

Ok

Same issue still

shows network Koodo

No incoming calls for 3 days now.

any advice?

all calls going into VM

thanks

please help

@dkai12 

Since it has been 3 days.  Open a ticket with Mod first while we try to help

is outgoing call working?  Data working?

(you have another thread you opened yourself, maybe let's stick with that other thread, easier to manage)

dkai12
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Ok

Same issue still

shows network Koodo

No incoming calls for 3 days now.

any advice?

all calls going into VM

thanks

please help

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech : Interior BC.

@jewelled-roses  @fwiggy  you can try to change back again tomorrow and see how it goes (let's hope they fix that by then) 

@Anonymous  are you also close to the Ottawa area?

jewelled-roses

@softech switching to 3g worked for myself and my family members, calls are now coming through. Much appreciated! Hopefully PM fixes whatever is causing the problem in Ottawa but the 3g switch saved my butt this weekend, thank you!

jewelled-roses

I'm also in Ottawa! The mods haven't informed me of an outage yet so I directed them to this page as others are experiencing the same issue here. 

KPV123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm in Ottawa and having the same problem.

fwiggy

Hi all,

The mod i messaged with told me there seems to be an outage in the area (I'm in Ottawa) because they have been receiving some other reports about the same matter. No fix at this time, as they are trying to resolve the issue.

there have been unusual high number about not receive calls last... 3 days at least.

not sure why or if it is just regional..

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just tried my couple numbers. One rang through. The other did not. It landed in voicemail. I tried again. I got some recording that I missed. I tried again and it rang through fine. Intermittents are the worst.

fwiggy

The switch to 3G has worked for both our phones - thanks @softech ! I will definitely post what the mod says once i find out what's going on 🙂

@fwiggy  Seems like it has been an issue for PM for the last couple days.

Try changing the network to 3G.  I heard people with some success after changing to 3G.

Also, kindly let us know what mod said, would like to know what's wrong, too.

thanks

fwiggy

Hi there,

My husband and i are both experiencing the same issue, since yesterday. Calls go straight to voicemail, no ringing, doesn't show up in call history. Not an issue with DND, and we both have different phones (Blackberry and Samsung), and different PM accounts. We've been PM customers for a few years, and haven't made any changes to our account.

No issue with texts or outgoing calls.

I will be checking with a moderator today to try and get fixed, but just wanted to let other ppl know this does seem to be affecting a range of customers.

Need Help? Let's chat.