cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls going straight to voice mail

Esthero1969
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’ve had my acct for over a month and a half, ported from Bell, account is registered and paid up to date. Certain calls from landlines (not all) either won’t ring through or go straight to voice mail (have done tests, my parents are one). These numbers are registered as contacts. Not sure why this is happening? 

16 REPLIES 16

Esthero1969

@stonechucker wrote:

Did you have a failed port, and think it is resolved now?  Your old service may still be active, and voice mail is taking your calls.

*failed

Esthero1969

I don’t think it’s a faire port. It works for many numbers, just not for a select few. 🤷‍♀️

Did you have a failed port, and think it is resolved now?  Your old service may still be active, and voice mail is taking your calls.

Esthero1969

And yes same numbers consistently can’t get through), at least for two that I know of.

Esthero1969

I have no problems getting through, it’s people calling me, and yes, goes straight to voice mail (doesn’t even show up as a missed call). Very frustrating. Trying to find a pattern but can’t seem to 😕

Esthero1969

Random. My parents are with Rogers, and last night my husband tried calling me from his work (Bell), had to try from two different numbers before he was able to reach me. So strange 😞

jrex
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is it the same numbers that consistently can't get through?

For example, do you sometimes get through from your parents' landline, but other times it goes straight to voicemail? Or does it always go straight to voicemail from their number?

@Esthero1969 wrote:

I don’t have another phone handy at the moment but will definitely try. Reception is great. The calls don’t even show up as missed calls. Very bizarre. I tested with my dad, he called from home phone, went straight to voice mail, called from his cell and it rang through. 🤷‍♀️

It could be random coincidence. Are all people from one carrier when it happens?

Esthero1969

I don’t have another phone handy at the moment but will definitely try. Reception is great. The calls don’t even show up as missed calls. Very bizarre. I tested with my dad, he called from home phone, went straight to voice mail, called from his cell and it rang through. 🤷‍♀️

Esthero1969

Thank you. Checked and they’re not blocked. 

Esthero1969

Even if they could call me before charging to Public Mobile? 

@Esthero1969Go to Settings -> Phone and scroll to the bottom to Blocked Contacts to make sure the numbers you are having issues are not being added into that list by mistake.

Esthero1969

Thank you. I don’t think so? I just checked my contacts and those that are affected don’t seem any different than others (I have an iPhone 7, not sure how Ito block a number either 😂)

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Esthero1969  Sounds like a phone configuration issue. If you have access to another phone to test your sim card with insert your sim card and ask your parents to call your number. If it goes through then it's your phone 

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Have you checked to see if you accidentally blocked any numbers. On my stock phone app for my moto G3, it was very easy to do by accident.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Can you try your sim in another phone?

How is your reception?

Can you remove the account and it's contacts and test it again?

Edit: of course check the blocked list too before attempting anything

Need Help? Let's chat.