cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls go straight to voicemail

johnnyvo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Everytime someone calls me, it goes straight to voicemail the first time. Second time it goes through, everything else works fine.

11 REPLIES 11

johnnyvo

@geopublic wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@johnnyvo wrote:

Everytime someone calls me, it goes straight to voicemail the first time. Second time it goes through, everything else works fine.

@johnnyvo can you please double-check that you didn't turn on your phone's Do Not Distrub feature?  That is a typical feature where it will block calls getting to you unless someone calls multiple times in a short span of time.  

@srlawren Good catch. Another customer using an iPhone reported that he had the do not disturb accidently turned on sn it would only allow calls through that were in their contact list. @johnnyvo  are you using an iPhone?

It’s been disabled. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@geopublic wrote:

@srlawren Good catch. Another customer using an iPhone reported that he had the do not disturb accidently turned on sn it would only allow calls through that were in their contact list. @johnnyvo  are you using an iPhone?

@geopublic check the edit I did on the post you quoted from me.  Both types of exceptions are possible (contacts only, multiple calls only) on both platforms (iPhone and Android).

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren wrote:

@johnnyvo wrote:

@johnnyvo can you please double-check that you didn't turn on your phone's Do Not Distrub feature?  That is a typical feature where it will block calls getting to you unless someone calls multiple times in a short span of time.  

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@johnnyvo wrote:

EDIT: for example, on iPhones:

"In your iPhone's settings, you can activate two types of exceptions to your Do Not Disturb. The first type is contact-based; you can select to have the calls of certain contacts always ring through. This is useful if you can't miss a call from a specific contact. The second type of exception is frequency-based; you can select to have repeated calls (defined as a second call from the same person within three minutes) to ring through. This exception helps you not miss pressing matters, in which it is likely someone will try to reach you multiple times."

(from: https://smallbusiness.chron.com/happens-put-iphone-not-disturb-mode-71152.html)

And on Android phones:

"Exceptions is the second section, which allows you to white-list certain contacts or callers. In a subsection called Calls, you can configure exactly who can reach you while Do Not Disturb is turned on, and there’s an option to make it starred contacts only. You can customize starred contacts in the Contacts app of your phone, or just look below to the Starred contacts section to set it up. There is a toggle for allowing repeat callers to get through as well, in case you get a call from someone more than once within a 15-minute period."

(from: https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/do-not-disturb-mode-in-android/)

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@johnnyvo wrote:

@johnnyvo Have you tried using your sim in another phone to see if it exhibits the same behavior? If it doesn't the it must be s phone settings issue.

@johnnyvo Moderators could take up to 48 hours to get back to you.

CellGirl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@johnnyvo 

strange!  maybe it would be worthwhile for you to try the lost/stolen phone trick to reprovision your plan features..

johnnyvo

@sunflowershine  Ah. I did that 4 hours ago no reply yet..

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@johnnyvo Seems you have to contact the moderator directly. It should not go that way. You just send a private message (envelop icon) and send to "Moderator_Team" and describe your issues. They will be replied within 48 hours. 

johnnyvo

@GinYVR I ported 3 years ago, problem has been ongoing for awhile.. ported from Fido

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire
@johnnyvo Is this a new plan? Did you just port in?
Need Help? Let's chat.