cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls cutting out

ashleyskye
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Someone tried to call me the other day and the call dropped. No suprise there, but then they were unable to call me back. It said the number was out of service, then it went directly to voicemail. Anyone know whats going on? My number has been ported for several days and neither of us had experienced an issue like that before.

3 REPLIES 3

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@ashleyskye wrote:

Someone tried to call me the other day and the call dropped. No suprise there, but then they were unable to call me back. It said the number was out of service, then it went directly to voicemail. Anyone know whats going on? My number has been ported for several days and neither of us had experienced an issue like that before.

@ashleyskye  Best to submit a ticket to PM for investigation. You account might have to be reset.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

@ashleyskye  If you find happening  more than once or twice try putting it in airplane mode for 10 minutes. Then take it out of airplane mode. This allows your phone to completely disconnect and then reconnect to the network. Usually securing a better connection to the network. Try this method if you have texting issues as well. A poor connection will occur occasionally and this is usually the most effective way of solving the issue.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

Since calls on Public Mobile force switching from LTE to 3G/HSPA, I've suspected sometimes that either the switchover failed when trying to go to 3G. You could try forcing your phone to use 3G all the time, so it doesn't use LTE, and see if that makes any difference...

Getting a "number out of service" is new to me, I had this a coulple times but the caller would always still end up going to voicemail worst case.

Need Help? Let's chat.