cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls are going to my voicemail

jeremiahluis
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Incoming calls are going to my voicemail, I understand this issue was fixed on another thread. I still have this issue persisting is there a certain setting I need to turn off or on, or ask a mod to change something on my account?

10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jeremiahluis : Was it a used phone you got from somewhere? Maybe check devicecheck.ca

jeremiahluis

I switched my sim card to another phone everything works, Thank you all

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 : He had already tried that.

@jeremiahluis : Do the other services work? Calls out? Texts in/out? Internet?

@jeremiahluis wrote:

Should Enhanced 4G LTE Mode be turned on? the Settings I am describing are for Android Phone

LTE settings shouldn't make any difference  when it comes to phone calls unless the phone is set to only use LTE networks (which most relatively current phones do not have an easily accesible option to mistakenly set the network to that).  This is because all calls on Public Mobile go through the 3g/HSPA network. When troubleshooting, I would suggest as others have, disabling LTE altogether.

jeremiahluis

Should Enhanced 4G LTE Mode be turned on? the Settings I am describing are for Android Phone

Version - Android 9

jeremiahluis

Regards to switching to 3G just did that and asked a friend to call me, goes to voicemail. I also switched the selection of network from Automatic to manually selection - public mobile 3G/2G and still goes to voicemail.

@jeremiahluis wrote:

I did remove my sim card and placed it back in also rebooted the phone, no luck. I am in Abbotsford BC. Could this disruption of service be a part of the wildfires in BC?

No reported outages currently reported in your area.

But outgoing calls working without issue?  how about data?

Try changing to 3G Only and see if incoming calls are coming again.

jeremiahluis

I did remove my sim card and placed it back in also rebooted the phone, no luck. I am in Abbotsford BC. Could this disruption of service be a part of the wildfires in BC?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@jeremiahluis wrote:

Incoming calls are going to my voicemail, I understand this issue was fixed on another thread. I still have this issue persisting is there a certain setting I need to turn off or on, or ask a mod to change something on my account?

@jeremiahluis  outgoing calls working fine?

did you try to reseat your SIM?   I had issue before that a regular reboot didn't work until I reseat the SIM (power off, take SIM out for a min and put it back in and power up again)

Curious, which province and city you are in?  We seems to have multiple complaints regarding this in the last day or two.  Wonder if it is a regional issue.

Need Help? Let's chat.