cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling "310" numbers (e.g. 310-BELL) - are they free?

TP626
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes, me again! Still trying to figure things out.

I'm trying to match up what I see in terms of usage in my plan (78 of 100 minutes used) vs the detailed usage information (with the list of all calls and their duration etc.) BTW, I agree with other commenters that it really sucks that there isn't either a download option for your detailed info or, at least, a mechanism for changing the number of lines shown!) I've come pretty close to matching things up. Luckily for me, there are only 4 "pages" of details. I copied the lines (one page at a time) into Excel to try to figure things out. If I remove all of the US calls and the incoming calls, I am fairly close. Only when I take out the one call to 310-BELL do I get very close (still off by one minute but close enough, I guess.)

So, my question is: Are calls to "310-xxxx" number completely free (i.e. don't count against airtime minutes)? It certainly seems that way but I can't find anything in the Plan details nor on SIMon.

Thanks,

Tim -er- TP626 Smiley Wink

4 REPLIES 4

@AE_Collector wrote:

I would think that 310 calls would be handled the same way as 800 numbers but I don’t know how they are handled either. My guess would be that airtime IS needed for 800 and 310 calls. Both types of calls eliminate any possible Long Distance charges but not necessarily airtime minutes.

Terry

Both indeed are supposed to use up airtime for $10 and $15 plans, but for unofficial things that might happen, please take a look at the message before my post.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TP626 

Called 310-1010 Pizza Hut.

Took a minute of my 50.

There you go.

On the other hand, I have experienced toll-frees not take minutes.

I would think that 310 calls would be handled the same way as 800 numbers but I don’t know how they are handled either. My guess would be that airtime IS needed for 800 and 310 calls. Both types of calls eliminate any possible Long Distance charges but not necessarily airtime minutes.

Terry

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

That is a great question.  I don't know the answer but there are places everywhere that are 310-XXXX for different businesses so maybe they don't count against minutes.  

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.