cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling party LD charges for Can/US $60 plan

dale_sobool
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

On the $60 Canada-US plan 

-if a Canadian customer calls my Canadian number while my Canadian number is in the US, is it long distance for the Canadian Customer.

-if a US customer calls my Canadian number while my Canadian number is in the US,  is it long distance for the US customer.

4 REPLIES 4

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dale_sobool wrote:

-if a Canadian customer calls my Canadian number while my Canadian number is in the US, is it long distance for the Canadian Customer.

-if a US customer calls my Canadian number while my Canadian number is in the US,  is it long distance for the US customer.

Good question! Haven't seen this one asked before or recently so thanks.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dale_sobool for the Canadian number calling you who's in Canada, they are in their calling zone calling a number that is not considered a long distance number (i.e. 416, 905, etc.).  So they will not incur any charges because technically that outbound call for them isn't considered long distance even though you are physically in another country.  

For the U.S. person who's calling your Canadian number, even though you are physically in the U.S. your phone number to the system is a foreign/long distance number.  So even though you could be standing right beside this person, when they dial your number it's seen as a long distance call based on the country code and area code.  So it'll hit their cell tower, their tower will register the call as long distance and then connect to your phone to complete the call.

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@dale_sobool 

The person calling will be charged long distance based upon their plan details/ rules to call that Canadian number/area code... It doesn't matter where the receiver is located.

#1 NO

#2 YES (unless they have unlimited Canadian calling as well in their plan)

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@dale_sobool wrote:

It doesn't matter where you are located to the person calling you. The person is calling a Canadian number with a Canadian area code and thats it, regardless of where you are.

When a caller (the one making the call) is outside of their calling area or country then they may experience roaming / long distance charges, however that canno't happen at public mobile as this is pre-paid.

When a call receiver is outside of their calling area / country then may experience roaming / long distance charges, however that canno't happen at public mobile as this is pre-paid.

-if a Canadian customer calls my Canadian number while my Canadian number is in the US, is it long distance for the Canadian Customer. NO

-if a US customer calls my Canadian number while my Canadian number is in the US,  is it long distance for the US customer. YES

Need Help? Let's chat.