cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling outgoing

erin817
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I am recently join public mobile with plan $15, 250MB, 100 minutes call.  The data works will. The web page shows I have not use any calling minutes by now(and I did not call anyone by now), but when I try to call someone, it always said I use all my limit for calling. 

12 REPLIES 12

@darlicious wrote:

Most customers with the $15 plan have textnow or fongo to call their voicemail with so they don't use up their outgoing minutes calling their voicemail.

If you redirect your voicemail to YouMail (or Fongo/Freephoneline) you then receive your voicemails as email or MMS (by sending email to yournum@mms.mb.telus.com) and you never need to dial your voicemail again... I love it with my $15 plan. Don't even need to install the YouMail app.

@erin817...if you're gonna keep that $15 plan, consider also getting the $5/500 minutes of Canada wide calling add-on. When you run outta regular plan minutes, the add-on minutes will kick in. At your next renewal, any unused add-on minutes will roll over until you do use them up...even if that takes several months or longer. Most people with a limited calling plan find the $5 / 500 minute Canada wide calling add-on is handy to have in case you do limit out on plan minutes.

That add-on is useless if you get a higher cost plan with unlimited Canada wide calling.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@erin817 

Once you find out what the issue is with the 100 minute outgoing calls.

In the future, you can text your friends and family to call you.

Texts and incoming calls are free…just an extra step if you are worried about going over your outgoing calls.

Sonalb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Spoiler

@erin817 You can check your usage detail if you can see (used minutes/100) you still have minutes remaining and you can make calls until it disappears from there. if not minutes are balance but still can't call, check whether you are calling within Canada only. If this doesn't help you can raise the ticket for the same

@Dunkman wrote:

@erin817 

Does texting work?

Try basic troubleshooting advice:

Maybe try rebooting your phone.

Network reset of phone

Toggle airplane mode on, then off.  

@erin817 any changes after trying @Dunkman suggestions above?

Do the calls still complete if you receive that message?

If you dial a "1" in front will the calls complete?

If you have minutes left showing on your Self Serve Overview area and your calls are still not completing after the suggested troubleshooting than notify Moderators about your issue and they should be able to reset your account.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

@erin817 

It could be a provisioning issue. Power off your phone. Remove the sim card for 10 minutes. Reseat the sim card and reboot. Try a test call.

@og2 

Most customers with the $15 plan have textnow or fongo to call their voicemail with so they don't use up their outgoing minutes calling their voicemail.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@og2 wrote:

@erin817 

Voicemail counts towards your minutes, that's why the $15 plan isn't a good value. I would upgrade to the $25 unlimited talk plan to avoid these common glitches and headaches with that plan

While I agree w/ the recommendation, for some, the $15 plan is a good value, actually.

og2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@erin817 

Voicemail counts towards your minutes, that's why the $15 plan isn't a good value. I would upgrade to the $25 unlimited talk plan to avoid these common glitches and headaches with that plan

@erin817 

Does texting work?

Try basic troubleshooting advice:

Maybe try rebooting your phone.

Network reset of phone

Toggle airplane mode on, then off.  

erin817
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Voicemail shouldn’t be included, and I did not have any voicemails by now. My account shows the usage is 0

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Log into your account and check your usage history.  Have you check voicemail as those calls count towards your minutes ?

Need Help? Let's chat.