cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling from Canada to US

SamuelG
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently tried to place a quick call to an American number and couldn't. I ended up adding an add on for so many minutes but only needed a about 2 mins. Is there a way to just pay by the min in the future or do I need to add the add on ? Tks

7 REPLIES 7

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@selva1 wrote:

As others said, there are multiple options to call US. Current $50 plan also gives option to call US, but it all depends on your requirement. Just to respond to another comment, US add on are time limited and it will expires in 10 days. 

I believe only the roaming in the US is 10 days, the calling add-ons to 'call' US from Canada are not.

us addon.PNG

selva1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

As others said, there are multiple options to call US. Current $50 plan also gives option to call US, but it all depends on your requirement. Just to respond to another comment, US add on are time limited and it will expires in 10 days. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@SamuelG wrote:

I recently tried to place a quick call to an American number and couldn't. I ended up adding an add on for so many minutes but only needed a about 2 mins. Is there a way to just pay by the min in the future or do I need to add the add on ? Tks

@SamuelG  Public Mobile is strictly a prepaid service so that's why you need to purchase the appropriate addon to get the service. The good thing is that the addon stays on your account until all the minutes are used up. So in the future if you need to call the US you will be able to without any issues.

CellGirl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@SamuelG 

You could use TextNow to call over wifi

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@SamuelG wrote:

If you have a smartphone, Hangouts will make the call for free.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

If you purchase an add on, the minutes will stay on your account until you use them or you leave PM. So feel free to add the appropriate one for your use. It's much more seemless than a calling card for the few bucks it costs.

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You have to purchase an add-on or buy a cheap calling card to keep on hand for calls like that.

Need Help? Let's chat.