cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling doesn't work, new number successfully ported, original number can receive texts only

Smis91
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

We finally got the SIM card and account activated with a number assigned from PM. I immediately went in to port the old number from Bell and received the "Successfull" notication. A few hours later the number disappeared from my old Bell account so we assumed that it had worked. 

The phone cannot make or receive ANY calls. Texts work but only to/from the number that was assigned from PM. 

How do we get calling to work? 

If the port was successful, and the number has been now taken from Bell, why isn't the ported number the one receiving texts? 

Thanks! 

11 REPLIES 11

GR
Mayor / Maire

Most likely something you did got it to start working or the port was just never finished. Either way that's good that its working! 

Smis91

Not sure if the stars aligned or I just needed to complain but it just worked!!! All is good now 🙂 

do moderators fix things but not respond or this just took almost a day? 

Thanks everyone!!

bravo_md
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Since port is mid stream, keep trying through out the day and you just might get a security PIN sent to you so you can complete the Port your self. Good luck! I'll be watching your posts.

Smis91

Thanks so much! Hopefully they get to it soon...

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Smis91 wrote:

Just tried the old SIM card and had no service and texting and calling wouldn't work either. 

So I should email moderators? 

Any idea how long this will take as this phone currently doesn't work and I don't want to give out the PM phone number to just change it back once the port goes through? 

Yes contact them asap they may take couple of days but hopefully it's much much sooner, it all depends on number of cases they have to deal with and it doesn't look like there is a big issue with lots of people affected. On the other hand it's holiday. I always had answer in an hour or so but I believe both times I was very lucky

Best luck

GR
Mayor / Maire

Might take up to 48 hours.  So nothing works at all with the public mobile Sim card and on the ported number ?   Last thing you can try is log in to your account and mark the phone as lost/Stolen, log out and wait 5 minutes and then log back in and mark it as found  to see if it will seset the account! 

@Smis91 

Yes, you should private message moderator with link above. 

Expect 1-2 days for wait time though.   Your port is likely stuck.  

Smis91

restarted phone probably about 20 times over the last 18 hours....old Bell SIM doesn't have service or allow calls or texts 

Smis91

Just tried the old SIM card and had no service and texting and calling wouldn't work either. 

So I should email moderators? 

Any idea how long this will take as this phone currently doesn't work and I don't want to give out the PM phone number to just change it back once the port goes through? 

GR
Mayor / Maire

Did you restart you phone?  Also you can try your old bell Sim card to see if it works. If it doesn't work and the phone restart doesn't help it the port is most likely stuck and you'll have to message the moderator team 

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Port may be stuck in that case you should contact support at https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Does it still work when you put the bell sim in?

Need Help? Let's chat.