cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling and txting

bremnerh
New in Town / Nouveau en Ville

I just activated my sons sim card and out him on the 25.00 plan hes not able to make calls and cant accept calls he sent me a txt and I received it but he didnt receive the txt I sent him back his phone is unlocked and is an iphone 7

Post moved as it did not belong in The Lounge.  StoneChucker

4 REPLIES 4

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@bremnerh since it's been 25 hours and you haven't returned to answer any follow-up questions, can we assume things are working fine for your son's line now?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Also try the SIM in another phone to see if the same problem exists. Swap SIM cards with your phone to isolate phone versus SIM card or porting issues. If porting a number it could be a stuck /partial port. (From which provider?) Yes you need moderator help.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

As suggested by @Anonymous, rebooting/power cycle the phone, it may be a work in progress.  If this is a port in, try the old sim to see if it’s still working.

Is your son getting any messages when trying to call out?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bremnerh wrote:

I just activated my sons sim card and out him on the 25.00 plan hes not able to make calls and cant accept calls he sent me a txt and I received it but he didnt receive the txt I sent him back his phone is unlocked and is an iphone 7

Was it a new number? Or was it transferred from elsewhere? Although that usually means calling out should work like his text out.

What about internet access?

Has the phone been all entirely reset and updated?

Thanks @stonechucker

Need Help? Let's chat.