cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling US# - Usage vs History

JohnnyXI
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm new to PM and have the $10 plan. Out of interest I called a U.S. number that I own and to my surprise the call went through but I hung up before connecting.  I then looked at my usage and it showed 17 minutes.  I added up my usage history and it was 6 minutes.  There was no entry in usage history re the U.S. call. So I guess I have two questions:

1)  How come I could call the U.S. on a Canada wide plan?

2)  Why is my call usage amount 11 minutes greater than the usage history shows?

Nevertheless, so far this seems to me to be a great and very reasonable phone service!

3 REPLIES 3

JohnnyXI
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@steff12321 wrote:

It could be a strange exchange or area code you dialed that PM has categorized as a Canadian number. Normally it would say calls to this number are not included in your plan unless you have a long distance addon. 

Hope they don't figure it out. It was a Magic jack call to Orlando (AC 407).

steff12321
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You can see the usage history in your self serve account. There is no per-second billing, so all calls are rounded up to the next minute. 

It could be a strange exchange or area code you dialed that PM has categorized as a Canadian number. Normally it would say calls to this number are not included in your plan unless you have a long distance addon. 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@JohnnyXI  your call usage is counted as 1 min even if its a 2 second call checking messages also counts toward total as for the U.S. call you got lucky I guessSmiley Happy

Need Help? Let's chat.