cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling UK

hilafish
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Was very happy to get 500 free minutes for international calls. I successfully made a call to a UK landline but wasn't able to call a mobile phone. I'm assuming, then, that this isn't part of the free minutes. Can anyone please tell me how much it costs per minute to call Canada to the UK from my cell phone to another cell phone. Thank you!!

9 REPLIES 9

@Triguy wrote:

Calls made to numbers starting with the following UK codes are not included in UK calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialled: 4470, 44870-44879, 44843-44845.

@Triguy  Nice catch, though such restrictions should not be fine print. Just fyi, many of those excluded exchanges are cell phone numbers.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@hilafish :Was it one of the area codes triguy posted? If your questions been solved you should choose an accepted solution by clicking the accepted solution button above one of the post above - doing so well mark this thread solved and will help others in future who might have similar questions.

hilafish
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks so much to everyone who replied - super helpful!

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Calls made to numbers starting with the following UK codes are not included in UK calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialled: 4470, 44870-44879, 44843-44845.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@hilafish 

Public Mobile is a pre-paid service, vs a post-paid or pay per use model.

This means, you only get services that are pre-determined by the respective Plan Details (or added as add-ons) and can't access other services unless they are available to be pre-purchased for use.

When it comes to things such as International Calling, one needs to carefully review the add-on options and see which countries are listed prior to making any purchasing decision.  In the case of freebies, they're just great anytime!

I hope the call to the UK number works out for you!!!

whyveeare
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@hilafish 

Make sure not to put a 0 in front of the area code or mobile number.  When calling the UK, the first number after 44 must not be 0.

Maybe you could show us the number so we can try to assist you.  Just xxxx out the last 4 digits.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@hilafish 

Check the number you are calling to make sure it is correct;

Calling United Kingdom From Canada - Direct Dialing Numbers

To make a direct call to United Kingdom From Canada, you need to follow the international dialing format given below. The dialing format is same for calling United Kingdom mobile or land line from Canada.

To call United Kingdom from Canada, dial:

011 - 44 - Area Code - Land Phone Number

011 - 44 - 10 Digit Mobile Number

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@hilafish :I saw someone post before that certain area codes in England didn't work, but not sure what reason not work.

@hilafish wrote:

Was very happy to get 500 free minutes for international calls. I successfully made a call to a UK landline but wasn't able to call a mobile phone. I'm assuming, then, that this isn't part of the free minutes. Can anyone please tell me how much it costs per minute to call Canada to the UK from my cell phone to another cell phone. Thank you!!

Public Mobile doesn't differentiate between landline and mobile numbers for any of the long distance add-ons. If to a landline works, calling to a mobile number should also work.

Need Help? Let's chat.