cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Callers leaving a voice mail message

kenjcameron
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Callers have been unable to leave me a voice mail message when my phone is out of cell phone coverage (ie. I've gone to the cottage or I've left the country with my phone).  Callers receive a recorded message "1UT1. The client you are trying to reach is not available at this moment, please try again later".  Callers are not given an option to leave me a message and do not receive my voice mail greeting. 

When my phone comes back to cell phone range coverage, the voice mail works correctly.  Is this how Public Mobile voice mail works?  Any other phone voice mail I've used permit  callers to leave me a message when I'm out of cellphone coverage.

Any help is appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

kenjcameron
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've never set / initiated call forwarding in the past.  However, I took your advice and disabled all call forwarding options to make sure they were not on.  I turned off my cell phone and called the phone.  The voice mail message and option to leave a message worked as it should!

Thank you so much for the help in resolving this issue.  Hope I can help others in the future.

Ken

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@kenjcameron wrote:

Callers have been unable to leave me a voice mail message when my phone is out of cell phone coverage (ie. I've gone to the cottage or I've left the country with my phone).  Callers receive a recorded message "1UT1. The client you are trying to reach is not available at this moment, please try again later".  Callers are not given an option to leave me a message and do not receive my voice mail greeting. 

When my phone comes back to cell phone range coverage, the voice mail works correctly.  Is this how Public Mobile voice mail works?  Any other phone voice mail I've used permit  callers to leave me a message when I'm out of cellphone coverage.

Any help is appreciated.

@kenjcameron  Check and disable any call forwarding settings on your phone as per instructions here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/call-forwarding

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@kenjcameronThe error message usually indicate a provisioning problem.. you will have to contact the moderators with this link https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Describe the situation to them and they will pass it on to a tech team to look at it.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

That shouldn't be the case

Can you check your forward settings

When unavailable it should be set to voice mail number

Set it all to voicemail number

If it already is contact mods

Need Help? Let's chat.