cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller ID shows up as USA location

Trix25
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

it seems that when I call others, my ID comes up as from USA when in fact the number i have selected is from Vancouver area code 236-971-**** I’ve checked my iPhone settings and location is all correct and couldn’t find anything on the community board for a solution. If anyone has a solution please do let me know.

regard,

pat

3 REPLIES 3

Trix25
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i was originally setup with a 778 number that was based out of Victoria and clients had issues calling me locally and had to dial +1 in the number. i then changed it to a 236-971 under Vancouver and still having the same issue along with my USA ID in caller display. is this all related to the issue i am facing?

@Trix25 wrote:

Hello,

it seems that when I call others, my ID comes up as from USA when in fact the number i have selected is from Vancouver area code 236-971-**** I’ve checked my iPhone settings and location is all correct and couldn’t find anything on the community board for a solution. If anyone has a solution please do let me know.

regard,

pat

There really isn't anything you are Public Mobile can do this get this fixed. You could take a number with a different area code.  When a phone shows a phone number as being from a certain location, this is often based on a database that the receiver's phone is checking.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

This is weird! 236 code is not being used anywhere else. Those who see your number as USA, which carrier are they on? If multiple different carrier, then I am not sure where the issue is. 

Need Help? Let's chat.