cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller ID failing?

QN
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So just wondering if anyone else has been having issues with caller ID? Because I have my friend in contacts and whenever he calls it says private number or "sometimes" it says his actual contact name + number. So wondering if this is an issue with PM as of late?

4 REPLIES 4

QN
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Now it appears whoever calls me is frequently labeled as "Private number." Would the UNCB upgrade be affecting caller id then?

Telus is the last carrier in Canada which hasn't yet installed UNCB. And the compliance deadline is December 19 this year. So I'm guessing they're rushing these component upgrades now, and that normal Caller ID functions might sometimes be broken or malfunction (false positives, false negatives, random weirdness) until everything is fully in place, fully configured, fully tweaked. And of course Public uses the Telus network.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

does your friend change his display settings? it's in call settings/additional settings/display

are you sure he's always using the same phone, he may be calling from voip phone whe on wifi

@QN wrote:

So just wondering if anyone else has been having issues with caller ID? Because I have my friend in contacts and whenever he calls it says private number or "sometimes" it says his actual contact name + number. So wondering if this is an issue with PM as of late?

I've seen it happen on the rare occassion before, but not recently.  I'm talking like once or twice in 3 years.

Need Help? Let's chat.