cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call going through 611 before other numbers

wynniethepoo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just activated my sim card today and called someone within Canada (I have Canada-wide talk), and every time it goes through 611 first and then comes up with a message that it might be long distance and overage fees might apply, before going through to the number I called. What is happening, and will I be charged? 

Thanks in advance.

Other notes:

- I'm set up though auto-pay

- Activated online

3 REPLIES 3

Public Mobile is a fully prepaid service. So you can't and you won't be charged for overusage - if you haven't already paid for something then you'll just have no access to it until you do. 

(Although if you've already paid for a Long Distance Add-on then it might be consumed.)

There used to be another number... 1-866-4PUBLIC... I'm not sure if it's still active.

You can send a Private Message to the PM Mods to get your Canada-wide calling issue resolved. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@wynniethepoo wrote:

Just activated my sim card today and called someone within Canada (I have Canada-wide talk), and every time it goes through 611 first and then comes up with a message that it might be long distance and overage fees might apply, before going through to the number I called. What is happening, and will I be charged? 

Thanks in advance.

Other notes:

- Activated online

@wynniethepoo  Also best to add the +1 prefix for all your contacts to avoid the LD warning.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@wynniethepoo wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Other notes:

- Activated online

Goes through 611 first??

Just put a 1 in front of your dialing and that message shouldn't play. There are no charges here so don't worry about it.

Need Help? Let's chat.