cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call forwarding

shanthankalakot
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi fellow members,

I am new to PM. I have activated my call forwarding from my new PM number to India Number.

When I try to call my PM # i get this message " the number you called is not in service".

But, when i call directly to the India # it works fine.

Can some one resolve this for me please

10 REPLIES 10

@Lilfoo wrote:

Thank you! I will have to do it all while I’m Canada I guess.

Yes, 

But since you are going with the VoIP solution, you can easily do a 'test run" in Canada

When it is time for the real thing, make sure you forward it , then remove the PM SIM before it sees the border  🙂

Lilfoo

Thank you! I will have to do it all while I’m Canada I guess.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lilfoo : Don't let the PM SIM (in a phone) see a US tower. It will break forwarding.

Lilfoo

Thank you!

So my steps would be:

1. get a data plan in the states.

2. Download a VoIP app to get myself a Canadian number

3. forward my PM calls to the VoIP number 4. Take PM SIM card out and put in the US data plan card in. So I don’t have to have 2 devices.

5. optional - change PM plan to something that only supports incoming calls

@Lilfoo wrote:

Can I forward calls to a US number? (it’s still +1, right?)

Also, do I have to have a physical phone with my PM SIM card in it to be able to forward calls? Does the phone have to be on at all time for call forwarding to work? Finally, if I am going to use the phone for call forwarding only, could I switch to cheaper plan that includes incoming calls only?

No, you cannot forward to US number

would you consider using VoIP app like TextNow or Fongo?  You can get a Canadian number with these apps, then forward your PM number over to the app.  Whenever you have Wifi, your TextNow will work and hence the forwarded call will ring.  But of course, only if you have wifi access

If you want data access in US, you might want to consider getting Prepaid service in US, then you have the Mobile data all the time and the app will work all the time when you are in US.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lilfoo : 1. No you can not forward to a US #. (calling the US from Canada only really needs the 1, the + is extraneous)

2. The initial setting of course needs to be done with the SIM in.

3. No.

4. Yes. Be aware of losing a grandfathered plan.

Lilfoo

Can I forward calls to a US number? (it’s still +1, right?)

Also, do I have to have a physical phone with my PM SIM card in it to be able to forward calls? Does the phone have to be on at all time for call forwarding to work? Finally, if I am going to use the phone for call forwarding only, could I switch to cheaper plan that includes incoming calls only?

Are you going to India yourself?

If so, get a VoIP app on your phone... like Fongo or TextNow.  You will get a Canadian number via those VoIP app.. As long as you have Wifi , anywhere in the world, people can call you on that number and your phone will ring.  

Yes, you can call forward to that VoIP Canadian number

shanthankalakot

is there any other way we can forward it to the India # from PM # ?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

sorry, this is not possible regardless you have the international addon or not .. you can only forward to Canadian number 

Need Help? Let's chat.