cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Forwarding

Okokokokokokok
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

Does the $10 basic plan include call forwarding? And if so, if I forward the calls from that phone to a landline, are the public mobile plan’s minutes used or the landline’s minutes?

9 REPLIES 9

Poogzley
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just tested it out now, It uses the minutes from bolth phone numbers.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Okokokokokokok, call forwarding means exactly what it says, you're moving your calls from your cell phone to a different phone, so whatever minutes you are allowed will be the same no matter where you forward your calls to.  At the end of the day, the person has to dial your PM number to get to you, then the system forwards it to the other number, so it has to pass through PM first, which means your minutes gets activated.

Love your profile name by the way Smiley LOL

Anonymous
Not applicable

@srlawren wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

Thé description of the plan says nothing. About call forwarding, nor does the plan detail.  .

This is the "policy" I was meaning. Scroll down a little.

@Anonymous yep, and it states:

"Please note that calls to voicemail and forwarding calls will use plan minutes."

Yes I know. So it says. But we know that people leaving messages in voicemail don't *actually* count as minutes. So that part is currently already false. Or from their perspective, a known bug.

@Anonymous if you're talking about the one statement I quoted from the article, I think they're talking about dialing into your voicemail from your phone to check messages, and talking about forwardingly separately.  EDIT: in other words, it's a bit poorly written and ambiguous

I think so too and then the box below says retrieving voicemails. But as you say...ambiguous.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

Thé description of the plan says nothing. About call forwarding, nor does the plan detail.  .

"Please note that calls to voicemail and forwarding calls will use plan minutes."

Yes I know. So it says. But we know that people leaving messages in voicemail don't *actually* count as minutes. So that part is currently already false. Or from their perspective, a known bug.

@Anonymous if you're talking about the one statement I quoted from the article, I think they're talking about dialing into your voicemail from your phone to check messages, and talking about forwardingly separately.  EDIT: in other words, it's a bit poorly written and ambiguous

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@srlawren wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stonechucker wrote:

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Thé description of the plan says nothing. About call forwarding, nor does the plan detail.  Saying this, I am going to advise you wait for others who have this plan, advise you of their experience.

Without the specifics listed directly, I would assume an call forwarding will use the 50 minutes total of the plan, and will also use any added long distance minutes.

All other plans with unlimited calling are able to forward calls to another number, using LD minutes if forwarding to a LD number in Canada on a Province wide calling plan, or at no charge to any Canadian number on a CANADA wide or better plan.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Okokokokokokok wrote:

Hello,

Does the $10 basic plan include call forwarding? And if so, if I forward the calls from that phone to a landline, are the public mobile plan’s minutes used or the landline’s minutes?

The policy states that that would consume minutes from Public Mobiles side. Dunno about your landline. But yes call-forwarding is available.

hmm...I should test that for my own interests. First I'll search.

Need Help? Let's chat.