cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Forwarding in Asia

Grace2019
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can I forward my phone to the local mobile phone in China?  What charge will be involved other than my China cel charges?  Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10

@slash407 wrote:

i wouldnt do that if i were u, theres better options, plenty. Im sure u'll get dinged bad if u did it through PM

Since Public Mobile won"t allow the user to forward your calls to a number in China, how would the member get dinged?  Even if Public Mobile did allow it, customers can't do anything with the service that hasn't been paid for as there are no pay-per-use charges.

@srlawren wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@Grace2019 wrote:

Can I forward my phone to the local mobile phone in China?  What charge will be involved other than my China cel charges?  Thanks.

Here is a good reference to use as a workaround.

@Grace2019 please see the article @geopublic linked, this may work well for you.

@slash407 wrote:

i wouldnt do that if i were u, theres better options, plenty. Im sure u'll get dinged bad if u did it through PM

@slash407 you wouldn't do what?  Forward to a Chinese phone number?  It doesn't matter what you would or wouldn't do, because if you bothered to read the thread before responding, you'd have seen that you literally cannot forward to a non-Canadian phone number.  Please, just stop.

Yes @slash407 responses have been quite curious lately, maybe having an off week.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@geopublic wrote:

@Grace2019 wrote:

@Grace2019 please see the article @geopublic linked, this may work well for you.

@slash407 wrote:

@slash407 you wouldn't do what?  Forward to a Chinese phone number?  It doesn't matter what you would or wouldn't do, because if you bothered to read the thread before responding, you'd have seen that you literally cannot forward to a non-Canadian phone number.  Please, just stop.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

As mentioned you can only call forward to canadian numbers.

Forwarding is done on the server sideand it  can only be done in canada or in the USA when connected to one of the partner networks. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Grace2019 wrote:

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Grace2019 wrote:

No. You can't forward you number to a number in China. Forwarding only to Canadian numbers works.

austinhuang
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Triguy wrote:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/call-forwarding

But here it says you set it up in your own phone... it's prob just confusing

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/call-forwarding

Looks like not available for overseas phone number.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

There's never any additional charges at PM. If you didn't pay for it ahead...you don't have it.

austinhuang
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Grace2019 wrote:

I don't think call forwarding is there for cell phone services. They're usually for landline & business phones. They're also usually offered as a paid addon (Seems to be $3/month, see Koodo, Fido), and there's no such addon in PM, so the answer will probably be "no".

Okay, PM might offer call forwarding in the plan but few people tried it. This thread suggests that it's only for Canadian numbers, so the answer is still a "no".

Need Help? Let's chat.