cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COVID-19 essential workers

Officejet007
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Does anyone know if PM is doing anything for essential workers in terms of helping them ..any type of credit? 

10 REPLIES 10

Awesome....its a bit of a learning curve here but once you get to know your way around you'll feel confident enough to help out in the community or start referring friends and save a little more on your phone bill.

Officejet007
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Well said ..I agree I have been with other carriers, however Public Mobile has been reliable and there for me thus far. Also, they offer many ways to reduce your bill, which I'm learning about. 

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Officejet007 wrote:

Does anyone know if PM is doing anything for essential workers in terms of helping them ..any type of credit? 

I have not seen anything regarding help for workers, other than the 15.00 1G add on that doesn't expire once you have added it until you use it up. 

The best info they have on covid can be found at this link

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/covid-19

Have an amazing day!

@Officejet007  I can tell you what there isn't....there are no busy signals, 2 hour waits on hold for customer service....or accidently cut off. You can get instantaneous help on the community from public mobile customers pretty much 24 hours a day. I've seen 3 mods working the night shift so if it's urgent they can probably help outside of the normal business hours. Moderator assistance during regular business hours has been pretty quick...faster than call centre customer service elsewhere.

The community helps in many ways during this crisis....moral support, a friendly discussion, lounge time where you can get tips on grocery shopping, recipes, free online resources, humour threads, drawing apps you name it or ask it and a couple ideas will be offered up....were all practicing  social distancing but it s brought us closer together as a community and you're welcome here anytime.....because we're all in this together!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

There would be greater brownie points if it was offered.  The guys from mobile syrup would be all over the story.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Officejet007 There is no particular programme being offered. However, if your situation due to covid is difficult, it can't hurt to send a message to the moderators explaining your circumstances.  You can send a private message to Moderators here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Officejet007 wrote:

With Public Mobile being a pre-paid service there is no identity verification so currently, they have no way to prove who would be an essential worker.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Officejet007 they decreased the price for 1gb data addon and made some other actions as @JoyLuck provided in the link. Nothing else. I wish they could introduce $10 plan for a limited time at least.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@Officejet007 It would be a nice gesture if they did but they are not offering them anything that anyone else is getting the only real thing lately is dropping the price of one gig down to $15 from 30 and they’ve helped out the odd person who hasn’t been able to pay for their phone service but that’s about it

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Officejet007 wrote:

You can look at this thread, plus 1GB is now $15 as an add on.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/UPDATED-Public-Mobile-response-to-COVID...

Need Help? Let's chat.