cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CALL AUTO DISCONNECT PLZ HELP!

ShermanJ
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I tried calling Canada Revenue Agency many times and I keep disconnecting after 2 hours 30 minutes, how do I fix this? 😧

13 REPLIES 13

jojo9
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I had the same frustrating issue yesterday & today. After multiple attempts to connect with the different departments, I got one of the better agents who was able to do process my request(s) manually on the phone. Had issue accessing the site due to not receiving security code texts on my new number (old number was still set-up). Long story short. They acknowledged that their on-line phone system was dropping calls (on hold) after the 2 hours point, without any warning unfortunately. The CRA are aware of the issue however as of my earlier conversation with an agent earlier this afternoon who knows how long until it's fixed? Issue was reported by multiple callers to CRA. It's not a PM issue. Hang in there.

@jojo9 wrote:

I had the same frustrating issue yesterday & today. After multiple attempts to connect with the different departments, I got one of the better agents who was able to do process my request(s) manually on the phone. Had issue accessing the site due to not receiving security code texts on my new number (old number was still set-up). Long story short. They acknowledged that their on-line phone system was dropping calls (on hold) after the 2 hours point, without any warning unfortunately. The CRA are aware of the issue however as of my earlier conversation with an agent earlier this afternoon who knows how long until it's fixed? It's not a PM issue. Hang in there.

Public Mobile does drop calls at about that time. Many will tell you that. CRA might too but you don't know for sure that this isn't a Public Mobile issue. 

jojo9
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Replied to original poster.

@darlicious wrote:

@HALIMACS 

I don't believe there is a fix for this issue.....

There's nothing to fix. Calls are dropped so you don't call 24/7.

@HALIMACS 

I don't believe there is a fix for this issue.....

@ShermanJ 

It doesnt happen all the time but it sure is inconvenient when it does happen. I will ask a CSR to copy my number down if we do get cut off.... I was having a feedback telephone interview with a pm manager that cut off at exactly 60 mins. When she phoned back and apologized I had to laugh and explain to her this is par for the course for pm customers. She was unaware of the issue.... obviously they don't have pm service for their work phones.

That's unacceptable,  @ShermanJ 

Report this to the Moderators. You should not have to use an alternate phone service to contact a GOVERNMENT AGENCY (CRA) whose wait time is unreasonable.

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

ShermanJ
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I know someone who used fido to call and they got through after 3 hours 😞
My mom also Public Mobile and she gets disconnected as well.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

Good to know that there is a time limit on calls with PM. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

All cell providers do it of widely varying durations for load balancing (whatever the tech term is). Think of it as the system is saying yeah alright buddy how about get off the phone so that others can use the system. It really is a bit like the old party line of yore except the system is hinting at you to stop hogging the line.

@darlicious 

I would tend to agree if the call duration was MUCH shorter that it would likely be PM issue.  But 150 minutes?   Seems a long time for the call to then drop.

Out of curiosity, @ShermanJ , did you hear an audible 3 short, brief beeps prior to the call dropping?   

@ShermanJ 

This is very likely a pm issue. It will often happen at the 60 min and 90 min mark. The fact that you are making it to 150 min is quite lucky ( not that it helps your situation.) I suggest getting fongo or another voip app to wait on hold for government services and the like....

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@ShermanJ wrote:

I tried calling Canada Revenue Agency many times and I keep disconnecting after 2 hours 30 minutes, how do I fix this? 😧

This is likely a CRA thing.  There are posts online about similar experiences with others in recent months/years.

Unlikely Public Mobile.

To be sure, try getting access to a landline, or another mobile, to make the call.

Very frustrating, I'm sure.

Need Help? Let's chat.