cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying a sim card at store

deloreh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When I started I bought my sim card at walmart.  I referred a friend and walmart won't sell them a sim card without a plan.  Where can they buy one?

8 REPLIES 8

@Chi wrote:

I bought PM sim card already from mobile shop and got PC points. I have to say it's the second time I went back mobile shop to buy. The first time the lady told me PM will be bought by other company and I will be transferred to some mobile company. She suggested to buy other sim card so I left and went to walmart.

After walmart, i went back mobile shop again and said I just want to buy MP card and i did'nt read any closure information from MP. Thats what i experience these few days. 

So sad the misinformation spread by so called experts and professionals. Happy you stuck to your guns. A long time ago I had a dispute with telus over a bill and I refused to pay. I went and got my first cell phone vowing to never use telus again. Wouldn't you know it telus  bought my cell phone provider. I was grandfathered in on per second billing for near a decade til I succumbed to a plan that was half the price. Now I'm paying less than half that again. My how the tables have turned,

Chi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought PM sim card already from mobile shop and got PC points. I have to say it's the second time I went back mobile shop to buy. The first time the lady told me PM will be bought by other company and I will be transferred to some mobile company. She suggested to buy other sim card so I left and went to walmart.

After walmart, i went back mobile shop again and said I just want to buy MP card and i did'nt read any closure information from MP. Thats what i experience these few days. 

Aargh messages not posting again.

@Chi  Where are you located we can offer some other retailers to get a SIM card.

@Chi 

Walmart has a bad reputation for selling SIM card alone without activation. The reps want the commission. You could report to PM via moderator, but not too sure whether that actually helps. 

You could try try another vendor. Or  order  online via PM website or amazon. 

Chi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i had a very bad exprience to buy PM sim card at walmart. he kept asking me to buy other sim cards or plans. I said I already decided to try this one and he insisted i need to bring the phone and he had to active this sim card. I really dont understand. 

@LovesToPM wrote:

@deloreh wrote:

When I started I bought my sim card at walmart.  I referred a friend and walmart won't sell them a sim card without a plan.  Where can they buy one?

Either online or at one of the particpating stores:

Check point #2: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-started

All stores should let you purchase the SIM out-right or activate in-store.

As you saw, some stores may choose to sell only if you activate in-store. You can select that Walmart store here and add your comments.

Yes shame on Wal-Mart.. note London drugs will price match the free discard with activation offer but sounds like you want to activate online. There is a rbc offer valid til Sept 30th...activate online enter RBCREWARDS IN the promo box on the activation "plans and add ons" page and pay with a credit card. Receive $10 off any $40+ plan and 5gb data bonus for 6 months. Don't to enter the referral code of your friend on the first page for your $10 credit and add auto pay for $2 reward and 500mb data bonus.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@deloreh wrote:

I got SIM card from The Mobile Shop at RCSS.

BTW, there is 25k PCO points offer for spending $50 using PC Master Card.  Buy 5 SIM card and organize a group buy with your friends.

Update:  Expiry Sept 15.  Call your local TMS store to confirm before going.

25k PCO points = $25 groceries at RCSS.

Get 15,000 bonus PC Optimum points plus 2 months of FREE pick up

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@deloreh wrote:

Either online or at one of the particpating stores:

Check point #2: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-started

All stores should let you purchase the SIM out-right or activate in-store.

As you saw, some stores may choose to sell only if you activate in-store. You can select that Walmart store here and add your comments.

Need Help? Let's chat.