cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build Your Own Plan options upon activation are not consistent with website

cchansan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I chose PM and bought a non-refundable SIM card based on the pricing for a Build Your Own Plan that was (and still is) available on the general website: $35 for 30-day Plan, Canada/US Talk, International Text, 500 MB 4G Data. Unfortunately, when I went to activate the SIM card the same pricing was not available on my self-serve account. See screenshots showing the discrepancy. 

This is a very deceptive selling practice, and I don't know what my recourse is. Can anyone help?

Public Mobile BYOP general site--Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 11.21.43 AM.pngPublic Mobile BYOP on account--Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 6.43.05 PM.png

7 REPLIES 7

surreyboz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@cchansan wrote:

Oh great, I'll try the kiosk. 

OP has already Activated service with Public Mobile, so why are you referring him to Retail Public Mobile Kiosk?  No service provider provides tech support in Retail Stores. Specially Public Mobile

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

While I know you were after the 4G option, the same plan but 3G is in fact $35 a month. The 3G here is just throttled 4G and out of fairness, I never noticed a difference when I dropped back to 3G from the 4G I had.The 3G is plenty fast to stream with even in HD.

cchansan

Oh great, I'll try the kiosk. 

@cchansanYou can contact the @CS_Agent via this link https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/22437

However they are really backed up (as in a day or 2 to get back to you). So I would actually recommend you to go to one of the official Public Mobile Kiosks (addresses are in the Annoucement section, link here) show them the descrepency and sign up there, you also get extra bonuses like free SIM card and sometime $x off. Also note since Canada Day is near, there might be sales for new activation in the next few days.

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@cchansan wrote:

I haven't figured out, yet, how I contact the Moderators. Is it a different channel? 

And yes, I did actually press 'go' on a plan, because I needed the service right away.

Thanks for responding.

Use this link.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/22437

cchansan

I haven't figured out, yet, how I contact the Moderators. Is it a different channel? 

And yes, I did actually press 'go' on a plan, because I needed the service right away.

Thanks for responding.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire
@cchansan The only recourse is for you to contact the Moderators.. the plan maker has been glitchy.

One slightly tangential issue is you see the difference but it is you haven' enter into a transaction yet (ie you didn't sign up for $45). So technically CCTS wont' kick in.
Need Help? Let's chat.