cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken text/e-mail function. Help!

southeypoint1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, 

I was out of town for two days and my text and e-mail function suddenly stopped working. I can still make and receive phone calls. I received a text from PM that there was a problem with their server but I have no way of getting in touch with them to discuss this. 

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated! Smile. 

JMN

8 REPLIES 8

@southeypoint1 wrote:

Thanks very much for reaching out. 

I was lead to believe that I was paying for unlimited texts each month (as that is what my plan says) but I now realize that the text function is somehow attached to the data availability. I have never heard of these two functions being intertwined. In other words, once my data ran out so did my ability to text. Very frustrating and not at all what I signed up for. 

Have other people experienced this problem?

Your data running out would only affect your ability to access the internet if you're not in wifi range and does not affect texting.  You would even be able to send and receive MMS messaging without data as long as you have data turned on.

What plan are you on?  Is it possible that you are on the $10 plan with limited outgoing texts and you have used it all up?  Have you tried any of the suggestions and have you contacted the moderators if you are still experiencing this issue?

southeypoint1

Thanks very much for reaching out. 

I was lead to believe that I was paying for unlimited texts each month (as that is what my plan says) but I now realize that the text function is somehow attached to the data availability. I have never heard of these two functions being intertwined. In other words, once my data ran out so did my ability to text. Very frustrating and not at all what I signed up for. 

Have other people experienced this problem?

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@southeypoint1 wrote:

I was out of town for two days and my text and e-mail function suddenly stopped working. I can still make and receive phone calls. I received a text from PM that there was a problem with their server but I have no way of getting in touch with them to discuss this. 

Is it text or e-mail or both?  The two aren't related.  

southeypoint1

Thank you!

I have submitted a ticket. Hopefully someone will be able to sort this out as I need my phone for work. 

Cheers, 

JMN

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@southeypoint1  

To submit a ticket to the Public Moderator Team click here . Enter Submit Ticket and then click on the Contact Us link. To access the Public Moderator Team Assistance form then select the Click me! link.

Hope this helps.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@southeypoint1 wrote:

Hello, 

JMN

If you are returning from US then texts have been known to stop working because of a glitch and it usually takes a day before everything returns to normal.  If you weren't out of the country then try some workarounds before contacting the moderators.

Try rebooting your phone.  You can also try powering off phone and removing SIM and re-inserting after 5 mins of wait time and restart your phone.

Another thing t try is the lost/stolen trick.  Log into your account, select plans/add-ons tab, select phone lost, suspend service and log out and wait 5 mins.  Log back in an report phone found and resume service and restart your phone.

One other thing to try is to top up your account with one dollar and reboot phone.

If nothing helps contact moderators via SIMon to submit a ticket here: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

DanielleMarie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@southeypoint1 wrote:

Hello, 

JMN

Did you have an add-on for roaming in the US? I've read that can cause issues.

Otherwise check your APN settings to make sure they are still correct?

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy:
Port:
Username:
Password:
Server:
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type:
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi

Can you login to your self-serve

What is your status?

What plan are you on?

What phone are you using? What message app are you using?

How much data us used up so far?

If your texts are not using data or if you still should have data you should contact moderators

If it was your data and if it was all used up you have few options

You can buy add-on

You can switch to a new plan by yourself from the selfserve

You can ask moderators to renew you early

Need Help? Let's chat.