cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bring over current number

Devisb
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey wanting to change over providers to public mobile. How do I get my current number over. I have the sim, my phone unlock and it's compatible with public.

9 REPLIES 9

@carebear20424 wrote:

I am having the same issue.  I am on hold right now with someone on the phone believe it or not.  If she is able to help me I will forward you the number.

Were you talking to the number porting department?

Ljdion
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks. Won't worry it was me now lol

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Ljdion it can take upwards of 48 hours and sometimes more!   

carebear20424
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am having the same issue.  I am on hold right now with someone on the phone believe it or not.  If she is able to help me I will forward you the number.

Ljdion
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've sent PM to get old number brought over. How long should this take?  Haven't heard back yet. Only 12 hours 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@DevisbOnce you have activated your phone with a temporary number and everything works you can just start the process by yourself. Public Mobile is very DIY.

Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 10.31.24 AM.png

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Devisb wrote:

Hey wanting to change over providers to public mobile. How do I get my current number over. I have the sim, my phone unlock and it's compatible with public.

Welcome. 

Check out this article for all the details on transferring your number: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/choose-your-phone-number

Over time the Community has developed these ”Do nots” for port-ins:

- if coming from Koodo/Telus prepaid or PC Mobile postpaid do not use the same email address for Public Mobile

- do not request the port-in during activation; take a temporary number, log out, confirm all services are active, log back into your account and select Transfer Number under Change Phone Number

- do not use any identifier except your account number EXACTLY as shown on your bill; it is the best item for any port-in request

- do not make any errors in the Authourized User; this must be EXACTLY as it appears on your bill

- do not use your number as the Alternate Number; use someone else's

- do not forget to click "I am authourized ...." BEFORE you entering your number (courtesy imm1304)

- do not cancel your old account; that will happen automatically

While it is rarely a problem I always recommend reading: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/BE-PREPARED/m-p/112014#M20827

If you need a referral to recover the $10 SIM cost let us know.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

GR
Mayor / Maire

Click on get started and activate your sim card.  I recommend you pick a new number and after everything is working then port your old number to your new account! 

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

You just have to activate the sim.Use incognito mode on your browser if you can. Many people recommend choosing a new number first and then porting your old number after everything is up and running and you are happy with it.

https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

Need Help? Let's chat.