cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boxing week offer - One free month + 5GB bonus

Beefat
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I just registered with my email and joined the $25 plan. When I look at my account, I don't see the 5GB bonus and the one month free. Is it because I am not setup correctly? Or it will take some times to get these bonus?

Regards,

William

20 REPLIES 20

@chipmunk 

What @Anonymous has to say is true as it is at any provider or by your own experience. How many times have you called in to a former provider's call centre when you didn't have an issue needing to be fixed?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dlambro : Few people will take the time to comment somewhere that their experience was positive. Having a positive experience should be the default of course. So people definitely come here to complain about whatever. So that's what we see. Always remember that there are many thousands of others going on with their lives not thinking or worrying about their phone service. And there are those that can also take it in stride when there are outages.

The people that can understand that the world is not perfect can get along fine when it's not. It's those that can't abide the lack of perfection and set their hair on fire over it that are the problem ones.

dlambro
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious 

True, I did contact them before the 30 days and I was told the 5gb bonus would be applied after the renewal, so I waited 30 Business days and when it was not applied, I contacted Arturo at the Moderators team and she/he was very helpful, the 5GB data was applied within 2 hours of my email to them.  So it was not automatically applied, had to be done manually but they are very accommodating.  Overall I have had a positive experience at PM, both with the service and with the reception, so I'm puzzled why there are so many complaints on this site.  Maybe the experience depends on where you live and what phone you are using.  

@chipmunk 

Its unfortunate that you endured suspension by this new stance by the moderators (some?)  insisting that you wait and see if the system applies the promotion(s). For those without a functioning autopay that requires you to either risk suspension or top up your account. Both of which should not have to happen as it goes against what the promotion clearly states:

You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days.

Perhaps you should ask for a $1 credit for any portion of a day you were suspended ($1 p/day for plans up to $35 and $2 p/day for plans $40+.) Maybe this would start to have an impact on how pm applies credits/promotions and teach the moderators about how to best use their time efficiently rather than spending their time arguing the point with the customer.

Speak up and be heard. When the many do this it makes it difficult for pm to ignore the noise the louder it gets......so start chirping! Chipmunks are very good at getting your attention and not shutting up......play to your assets.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@Dnom wrote:

Hi, just letting everyone know that my problem was resolved after submitting a ticket to the moderator. They said their had been a glitch and they added the 5GB to my account. Thanks for everyone’s suggestions. 

Hi @Dnom so nice to know that your problem is resolved.  thank you for coming back and letting us know.

Best wishes

RosieR

Dnom

Hi, just letting everyone know that my problem was resolved after submitting a ticket to the moderator. They said their had been a glitch and they added the 5GB to my account. Thanks for everyone’s suggestions. 

@richardshane wrote:

I also did not get my boxing week off one month free or 5gb data but I did get the email reminder and did sign up for service on Jan.15 at 10:50 am my plan is the 40$ 4.5 gb. Can someone help me get this offer added to my account ?

Hi @richardshane as suggested by @chipmunk above, contact a moderator.  Here's how

- click chat bubble at bottom right

- type I need to talk to human

- click Account-specific question

- then click No I need a human now

- then click Click here to submit  ticket

Best wishes

RosieR

chipmunk
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@richardshane 

You need to contact a moderator, they are Public Mobile's CSRs. 

Chatbot (white / green bubble in lower right corner) worked for me.

richardshane

I also did not get my boxing week off one month free or 5gb data but I did get the email reminder and did sign up for service on Jan.15 at 10:50 am my plan is the 40$ 4.5 gb. Can someone help me get this offer added to my account ?

chipmunk
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@darlicious 

IMHO "proven wrong" is a bit of a stretch, I'd call it YMMV. But since the terms do indicate "30 days" waiting it out for that time is the best course of action. Probably should not rely entirely on the system being flawless, though. 

The system did NOT apply my credit or bonus data, and since I didn't have a card on file the account went into suspension upon renewal. I'm grateful that I didn't have to argue with the moderator who looked at my account and straightened it out.

Edit to add that I'm actually on the New Year's version of the promo, but the problems seem to happen during both.

@dlambro 

There have been several members who have contacted the moderators with this issue before renewal and the moderators have flat out refused to add the credit or data add on insisting that the system will add it before renewal. I as well as the parties concerned were highly sceptical. We were proven wrong. Thus contacting the moderators before renewal on this issue wastes both the customers and the moderators time.

dlambro
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Dnom 

hi, you can send a private message to the Moderator Team by going to the envelope at the top right of this community page.  I sent them a message about my 5GB not added and they were very helpful.  Go to New Message, "Send to" type Moderator_Team and give them your information, tell them when you signed up and that you received the 1 month free but not the 5GB bonus, they will add it manually.

@Dnom 

The application of promos and credits for this promotion have been very YMMV. You will have to wait until your renewal for a final answer. It has been reported that missing credits/data have been applied immediately before renewal. If you have already had your first renewal then contact the moderators to have it applied.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Dnom wrote:

Hello, I received the free month but not the Bonus 5GB. I have a $25 plan and activated during the correct time. I haven’t been able to contact anyone as robot doesn’t seem to understand the question. Thanks for any suggestions 

@Dnom Follow below...

How to Open a Ticket / Contact Moderators

1. Click Chat Bubble and type "Open Ticket"

2. Click "Contact PM Support"

3. Select "Account Specific Question"

4. Click "No, I Need A Human Now"

5. Select the link "Click Here To Submit A Ticket"

6. This opens a new window. Log in with Community Account NOT your self serve.

7. Provide log in info of Self Serve account.

8. Follow prompts.

Dnom

Hello, I received the free month but not the Bonus 5GB. I have a $25 plan and activated during the correct time. I haven’t been able to contact anyone as robot doesn’t seem to understand the question. Thanks for any suggestions 

@mgillingham @ChiFong  If you didn't follow the steps you're likely out of luck.

However no harm is asking Public Mobile. Open a ticket for moderators and ask them.

Simon.JPG

  

Or send them a private message at link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

ChiFong

I have the same problem as I signed up today. Can I still get the Boxing week offer?

mgillingham

Hi there, I signed up today but didn’t know about the 5gb offer, is there anyway I can still get that even though I’m already signed up? 

melissa 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Beefat 

As per the terms.

Eligible customers will be credited the add-on bonus within 30 business days of activating if applicable.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Boxing-Week-Savings-Get-your-second-mon...

If you used a referral code for a $10 sign up bonus that will be applied to your account within 72 hours.

Welcome to Public Mobile and happy holidays!

Triguy
Mayor / Maire
  1. Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days of activating. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  2. Eligible customers will be credited the add-on bonus within 30 business days of activating if applicable.
Need Help? Let's chat.