cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought a sim card and a plan at walmart. Not working

Riphillipm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I bought a SIM card and $40 phone plan at Walmart.  The walmart tech set it up on his computer.  I received a 4-Digit pin number through my phone confirming that it's working. Then I put the new SIM card in but it never worked. I cant seem to do anything online as it wont recognize my email. I try to register with my phone number but i never receive the 6 digit text pin number that it seems me

16 REPLIES 16

@Riphillipm

If you use an Android phone, have you change your APN from Telus to Public Mobile? That would help if you are trying to get online.

Riphillipm

ticket number9476649  the tech at Walmart phoned it in and reset the sim card or whatever so I think I can try online again  Myphone was never locked even tho the tech at Walmart told me it was locked

@Riphillipm wrote:

I bought a SIM card and $40 phone plan at Walmart.  The walmart tech set it up on his computer.  I received a 4-Digit pin number through my phone confirming that it's working. Then I put the new SIM card in but it never worked. I cant seem to do anything online as it wont recognize my email. I try to register with my phone number but i never receive the 6 digit text pin number that it seems me

Getting those texts means your service is working. Did you check if calls and data are workimg?  For faster response, click on question mark on the right side the page.  Open a ticket. When you tell it you can't get into self serve, you can use 4 digit PIN to verify yourself.

Put old sim back in until it quits...then try the new sim again. Cycle phone off / on..

Riphillipm

Not working at all. Should i put telus  sim card to see if it works?  Im going back to Walmart in about an hour

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Riphillipm wrote:

I received the pin number thru text when i still had my telus sim card  I will go back to walmart to see if they can make it work

Is your PM SIM card not working at all? no call, text or data?

If yes, WM rep cannot do much as they need your self-serve account login to change to another SIM card.  Create a moderator support ticket first.  After moderator determines that you have a faulty SIM card, you can go back to MW for another SIM card.

Riphillipm

I received the pin number thru text when i still had my telus sim card  I will go back to walmart to see if they can make it work

popping

@Riphillipm 

From your description, you port you old number to PM during the activation process at WM. 

Which SIM card did you received the PM PIN# text message? your old SIM card? or PM SIM?

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

If you were activated at Walmart wouldn't the new PM SIM card already have been put in the phone? You say "then you put the new SIM card in the phone and it didn't work.

Is nothing working with the PM sim installed or do you have outgoing calling and texting, just not receiving incoming calls and texts? If do, port of old number from previous carrier just hasn't completed.

AE_Collector

KKCC
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

In situation like you, easy way is bring back to Walmart, I believe those tech person may fix for you.

popping

@Riphillipm 

While you are waiting for moderator, restart your phone may get your PM SIM card working.

Oh yeah and welcome to public mobile and the community:)

Is your old sim still available? Can you see if it's still working?

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

You may need moderator help so send them a private message by clicking this link. Then we'll see what we can do here.

Contact @Moderator_Team

About @Moderator_Team
Moderator Hours
Monday-Friday: 8AM- 12AM EST
Saturday & Sunday: 8AM-10PM EST

Can you restart your phone with the sim inside

Can you try on different phone one you are sure works on Telus network.

You can go to Telus or Koodo store to try it on a loaner.

You can call your old provider to unlock the phone. You can do that through manufacturer as well, although it's probably unlocked

How did you receive the original pin, on your old sim card?  Did you port?

For messages and incoming calls you should use the old sim until the port is finished. If it's still not done you may have chance to set up your self-serve.

If you are getting nowhere with it you can contact the Moderators directly at https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Would be useful to have the capture of your receipt handy to show them you are the owner of the account. It's possible that clerk misspelled your address, they should be able to fix it

Riphillipm

Need Help? Let's chat.