cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought Long Distance Addon - its not letting me make calls.

Savvy82
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey, 

I bought a long distance for 400 mins addon and it still won't let me ring long distance. Does it take awhile to become active? How does it work?

12 REPLIES 12

@leon119 wrote:

@Savvy82 wrote:

Where does it say this? Because I just wasted 15$ and I still cant see where it says Ireland isnt included

It is clearly printed on the add on page.

long distance.PNG

I don't see Ireland in your picture? (Last time I checked, the Republic of Ireland was still independent from the United Kingdom...)

If a country is NOT on the list, you can NOT call it directly from your Public Mobile account.

As suggested, try a phone card or a VOIP service. Some of the later let you call phone numbers, some need the app on both parties' phones.

Edit: Sorry, reply is to the wrong person! (Where is my coffee?!?) Statement stands, though.

leon119

@Savvy82 wrote:

Where does it say this? Because I just wasted 15$ and I still cant see where it says Ireland isnt included

It is clearly printed on the add on page.

long distance.PNG

kelvarnsen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@will13am wrote:

@Savvy82 wrote:

@Savvy82, this help article covers the long distance add-on and which countries are included.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/overview-of-add-ons

Even when  you go to the plans page and click on add-ons it gives you a list of the countries you can call:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans

Although it is kind of a weird list.

@Savvy82 wrote:

@Savvy82, this help article covers the long distance add-on and which countries are included.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/overview-of-add-ons

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Savvy82 wrote:

Oh lovely. How nice of them to not say there are limits on where you can call -_-

Agreed. It should say that during purchasing but it is shown in the other areas when shopping and looking for it.

@Alan_K: Another victim of no blurb in the Purchase an Add-on screen.

Edit: @Savvy82: Go to Plans up top, scroll down to Add-ons, click the little arrow thing to open.

Savvy82

Savvy82

Oh lovely. How nice of them to not say there are limits on where you can call -_-

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Savvy82 wrote:

I am calling from Quinte West to Dublin Ireland

Ireland is not accessible with Public Mobile. You would need to use one of those calling cards.

Savvy82

I am calling from Quinte West to Dublin Ireland

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Savvy82 wrote:

I topped up my account and then applied the addon for long distance. It says its active on my account but whenever I ring the long distance number, it doesn't allow me - I get a msg saying i need to get an add on even tho it says its active already on my account

Where (roughly) are you trying to call from? Where (roughly) are you trying to call to?

Maybe restart the phone.

Savvy82

I topped up my account and then applied the addon for long distance. It says its active on my account but whenever I ring the long distance number, it doesn't allow me - I get a msg saying i need to get an add on even tho it says its active already on my account

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Savvy82 wrote:

Hey, 

I bought a long distance for 400 mins addon and it still won't let me ring long distance. Does it take awhile to become active? How does it work?

Are you possibly getting a recording saying you don't have long distance?

What plan are you on?

That 400 add-on is generally used for some international calling.

If you do wish to have that add-on then did you deposit money first and then return to bjuy the add-on?

Need Help? Let's chat.