cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bonus Plan Unavailable

_pganso
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

On december 14th, I bought a $40 plan for my cell phone number (236)xxxxxxz at London Drugs Limited (========== st., Vancouver, B.C. V6K 2E3), and I were supposed to win a bonus plan (with the same data) for the next month, but my first month expired in January 14th and since them I have no Internet at my mobile. So, could you please activate my bonus plan for the next 30 days? I'll appreciate it.

11 REPLIES 11

@srlawren

A retail chain has two choices

Either comp client directly (gift card / whatever)

Get credit applied by cell carrier (but in this case, that money comes off the retailers bottom line for the month)

Lots of 3rd party groups do this with carriers

I do agree its easier if Public agrees to a PR move but if its not their error its totally up to them

BTW stores have backdoor access; they do not contact Mods (as Mods are not answering the phones)

@srlawren wrote:

@will13am the problem is that the retail locations can't really do anything to help at this point.  All they can do is sell SIM cards and help with activations.  Even if they legitimately made a mistake and told the customer they'd get the promo when it was too early, they don't have any ability to correct that, as far as I know.  Correct me if I'm wrong here, but all they have access to is an activation portal.  Beyond that, they'd be contacting the moderator team like the customer would.  I'd probably step over the middle man and go right to the mod team to see if they can help, personally.

@srlawren wrote:

@will13am wrote:

+1.  In situations like this, it is best for the customer to discuss the issue with the store first and then the service provider.  Each situation has it own unique set of circumstances.  Most good retail store and service providers want the customer to be happy.  Something amicable can be worked out. 

@will13am the problem is that the retail locations can't really do anything to help at this point.  All they can do is sell SIM cards and help with activations.  Even if they legitimately made a mistake and told the customer they'd get the promo when it was too early, they don't have any ability to correct that, as far as I know.  Correct me if I'm wrong here, but all they have access to is an activation portal.  Beyond that, they'd be contacting the moderator team like the customer would.  I'd probably step over the middle man and go right to the mod team to see if they can help, personally.

@_pganso in the meantime, since you're now without service, you might want to go ahead and make a payment for this next 30 days and get your service working agian, then reach out to the moderators to see if they can credit your account for the following 30 days as a gesture of good will.  Since you actually missed the promo by one day, I don't believe there are under any obligation to do so, but they are usually pretty good about these sorts of things if you politely explian the situation.  It's worth trying.   FYI if you do need to contact them, do so by private message.  You can learn how to do that here:  How to Get Help.

You might be right again.  Store managers have a lot of pull and they can do a lot of things depending on situation and if they so choose.  I will share a very recent story that happened to me earlier this week.  I was looking to get a tablet from the dog brand.  I went to a local store at the mall that had the tablet that I was looking for.  Trouble is the tablet was available at a store in Moncton.  The sales guy was trying to convince me to get a model that he had available in the store.  I already did my due dilligence and so it was tough to change course and without a working unit to try out.  Anyway, the store manager just happened to walk in while we were talking.  He goes to the back, brings out the tablet they have in stock, opens it and says try it out, see if you like it.  If you don't want it, no problem, I will call the store in Moncton and we will get them to ship the tablet you are looking for.  I tried the other tablet, didn't like it.  So, he immediately called the Moncton store and FedExed the tablet that I wanted.  You don't have to live on 34th Street for miracles to happen.  It all depends on what actually transpired in OP's case.  Was the customer mis-informed?  Did the customer mis-interpret the information?  At the end of the day, reasonable parties can come to amicable resolutions. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am wrote:

+1.  In situations like this, it is best for the customer to discuss the issue with the store first and then the service provider.  Each situation has it own unique set of circumstances.  Most good retail store and service providers want the customer to be happy.  Something amicable can be worked out. 

@_pganso in the meantime, since you're now without service, you might want to go ahead and make a payment for this next 30 days and get your service working agian, then reach out to the moderators to see if they can credit your account for the following 30 days as a gesture of good will.  Since you actually missed the promo by one day, I don't believe there are under any obligation to do so, but they are usually pretty good about these sorts of things if you politely explian the situation.  It's worth trying.   FYI if you do need to contact them, do so by private message.  You can learn how to do that here:  How to Get Help.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@kav2001c wrote:

Based on what OP states

It sounds like employee told client about an upcoming promo before promo was actually in effect (14 vs 15)

As Will13am states it is doubtful OP would make this up (as if OP was lying it would make more sense to say he activated a day later)

Public *could* agree to give a PR credit but they are under no obligation to do so

@stonechucker wrote:

@will13am, the plan was activated be for the promo was in effect.  How is that the stores giving wrong information?

Based on what OP states

It sounds like employee told client about an upcoming promo before promo was actually in effect (14 vs 15)

As Will13am states it is doubtful OP would make this up (as if OP was lying it would make more sense to say he activated a day later)

Public *could* agree to give a PR credit but they are under no obligation to do so

@stonechucker wrote:

@will13am, the plan was activated be for the promo was in effect.  How is that the stores giving wrong information?

@stonechucker wrote:

Based on the way OP characterized the situation, it would appear that s/he was told that there would be a bonus associated with the sign up.  I doubt the customer made it up. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@_pganso, I suggest you go back to store and complain that they fed you incorrect information about the sale.  Get the manager in that department to compensate you for false advertisement.  I assume you have some physical evidence to work with. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@_pganso

If you qualifed for promotion, you should have received $40 credit within 72 hours on activation.  Looking at your dates, you missed the promotion by one day.

Effective December 15, 2018 until December 31, 2018 at 11:59PM ET, we are offering a SIM card and your next 30 days for $0 when you activate a 30-day plan in-store at participating retailers! This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

Unfortutately, you signed up the day before the promotion started.  You will need to pay to re-activate your plan.  

P.S.  Please remove your personal informaiton from this public forum

Murco
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@_pganso

You will need to contact a mod.

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are receive
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@_pganso wrote:

On december 14th, I bought a $40 plan for my cell phone number (xxx)yyyzzzz at London Drugs Limited (2230 West Broadway st., Vancouver, B.C. V6K 2E3), and I were supposed to win a bonus plan (with the same data) for the next month, but my first month expired in January 14th and since them I have no Internet at my mobile. So, could you please activate my bonus plan for the next 30 days? I'll appreciate it.

Unfortunately, that promo began on Dec 15.  You are 1 day early.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Get-a-SIM-your-next-30-days-of-service-...

Need Help? Let's chat.