cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block porting / Require verbal confirmation

Sandy_C
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

While I maintain unique passwords & security questions across my online accounts, I would like to add the security of NOT allowing my number to be ported without my verbal confirmation.

Does Public Mobile offer the option of requesting a verbal confirmation before allowing my phone number to be ported to another telco?

4 REPLIES 4

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Sandy_C wrote:

While I maintain unique passwords & security questions across my online accounts, I would like to add the security of NOT allowing my number to be ported without my verbal confirmation.

Does Public Mobile offer the option of requesting a verbal confirmation before allowing my phone number to be ported to another telco?

@Sandy_C 

Regarding porting...see processes and helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Sandy_C  this is a system process.  SMS reply within 90 mins is the confirmation the system need to get.  adding verbal confirmation cannot be done.  

@Sandy_C 

As described by @Anonymous  this is the newly implemented (earlier this year) industry standard for porting authorization. Your request would be impossible at pm as there is no phone support. You can initiate a port request by calling the telus porting department but a phone number still will not be released without replying YES within 90 minutes to the porting authorization text.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sandy_C wrote:

The account needs to be active, the SIM needs to be in a phone, the phone needs to be on and connected to here not in airplane mode, upon a port request - the system sends an SMS text to that SIM whereupon the recipient needs to reply YES to the text inside of 90 minutes to let the port go ahead.

Is that not sufficient? You sound pretty up on security and your privacy so this is good to know your opinion.

Need Help? Let's chat.