cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blatant Price Manipulation by Public Mobile

PM151
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just wanted to come on here and express my disgust in regards to PM's latest promo. 

Claiming to offer a "$5 discount" across plans when in reality the plans itself have been jacked up in price by $5 and offered for the same price as before. 

This is misleading and borderline illegal.

This is how you lose customers and for the sake of PM I hope they realise this blunder. 

13 REPLIES 13

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@PM151 wrote:

I just wanted to come on here and express my disgust in regards to PM's latest promo. 

Claiming to offer a "$5 discount" across plans when in reality the plans itself have been jacked up in price by $5 and offered for the same price as before. 

This is how you lose customers and for the sake of PM I hope they realise this blunder. 

You. Are. Not. Alone.

👽

Yes, it is a price increase for the Canada-wide plan and a new Provincial calling plan and they are allowed to do that.  So as they say it is a limited-time offer to get the Canda-wide plan before the price goes up.  Be glad that they are grandfathering existing plans, they don't have to as a price change on the plan page only needs to be posted for 30 days for it to be an official price change.  These companies don't make huge profits by giving the best deal to their customers it is the best deal for their shareholders.

Always look out for yourself and what is best for you, if you find a plan that is better for your situation at a different provider go there.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

For all new customers Telus has raised prepaid prices across all brands. Clearly an invitation to other carriers to come along for the ride. 
Koodo is even increasing tab plans compared to byod. 

@PM151 wrote:

You're not going to get much argument from the customer base. I agree that this isn't a discount, nor should it be advertised as a "sale".  Fortunately, most of the Canada-wide calling plans are still available at the old price, at least for now.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I guess the other option was to do the canada wide plan increase  and offer new the  provincial plans without the current "offer". 

maybe they could have announced with a week or two  notice that plans would be increased.   

Oops.jpeg

More threads the better on this...

I just wonder if PM will delete posts at some points..  🤔

PM151
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Appreciate the reply @dude65 

My gripe has nothing to do with my plan.

My anger is more so towards the misleading of PM towards new customers.

Their expectation of receiving a "deal" only to find out that they are paying the same monthly price as previous users is the reason why the Competition Bureau of Canada has an entire section on deceptive marketing practices. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

according to PM, the change:   "comes as a result of our commitment to give you more options on features and provide savings to help you "

@PM151  yes, we need to come here and express our appreciation. !!!

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

You hit the nail on the head!

Way to go,  @PM151 

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

totally hear your frustration @PM151 

As long as you dont change your plan, it will be grandfathered. The new pricing structure affects new customers and PM customers that change their phone plan

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@PM151 wrote:

@PM151 I hear ya!!

Need Help? Let's chat.