cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black friday Promo

Jeet
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi 

I have activated my sim on black friday sale. I got all promotional offers. Thanks to PM. Now im thinking i have too much data that i wont be using it. My question is IF I CHANGE MY PLAN (FROM 40$ TO 35$ PLAN) WILL I LOSE ALL MY OFFERS? 

HOW TO CHANGE PLAN?

Thanks for solving my problem 

20 REPLIES 20

Jeet

@darlicious hi my renewal date is jan 1, 2020. I have changed my plan to $25 for next renewal date..thanks for your help

@Jeet  When is your renewal? If you are scheduled to change on your upcoming renewal you can still change it again up until that day so go ahead and choose the $25 to change on your next renewal would make the most economical sense. You have the original credit from the plan you activated on so it will stretch the credit to almost 2 free months. You might even be able to convince someone you know to switch to public mobile and add the bonus referral credit of $20 to your account balance.

Jeet

@darlicious hi i think i didnt read your post before changing my plan and just got some time and going through the posts for my reply. Cost cutting is my priority now but need some data too.. so far this month i have used only 700mb mobile data.. i think you are right, its best to go $25 plan.. i need to review black friday promo as well. I think second month free only on plans on or above $35 plan.. in that case, may be its good to switch plans after 2nd month and use that second month free. I appreciate everyone's reply especially yours.. 

Yeah I agree @darlicious . 

The 1.5Gb $35 plan is the Paul McCartney of plans (out of step) compared to the rest of the Beattles being the $25, $40 & $50 plans. Maybe Jeet has run this through the Univac 5000 and when the tapes stopped spinning a punch card dropped showing the $35 plan was the way for him to go. Could be, who knows. But very little savings for a big cut in available service.

AE_Collector

@Jeet  If saving money is your priority why would you change your plan to the $35? Your willing to give up $150 worth of data and 3.5gb of plan data per month to save $5/$60 a year? But you're willing to pay $10 a month for a measly 500mb of data?  From a cost cutting perspective youre cutting off an arm to save a finger. There are so many easier ways to save $5...walk to work once a month, or skip the Starbucks once a month, wait an extra two weeks to see the hairdresser or sign up to a coupon app. If you really need to cost cut downgrade your plan to the $25. You will save $15/$180 per year. Just implement all your data saving options to restrict any waste of mobile data and maximize your WiFi usage  and you can stay within 1gb a month.

The most unfortunate part of this is that you could have initially signed up on the $35 plan and received the 5Gb bonus and kept it. 

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jeet wrote:

Hi friends

Thanks for your replies. I contacted Moderator team and got info that i will lose 5gb bonus.. i am changing my plan on renewal date to $35 plan as anyways that 5gb lose does not mean anything to me.. i will save $5 everymonth.. 

Thanks for the update. Never any harm in asking. Most of the promos we've seen like this have a starting price to stay above. But this one was different in that it was pick a plan and stick with it or else (initially from a starting price).

Someone did apparently ask and get the bonus on going up in plan. But you asked for going down in cost and got denied.

Odd promo.

@Jeet wrote:

Hi friends

Thanks for your replies. I contacted Moderator team and got info that i will lose 5gb bonus.. i am changing my plan on renewal date to $35 plan as anyways that 5gb lose does not mean anything to me.. i will save $5 everymonth.. 

Community Manager and others already said plan change will cause loss of bonus. Really was no reason to contact them. If you don't use much data, I suggest going to $25 plan. $35 plan is $10 more to get only 500MB more data.

Jeet

Hi friends

@Jeet  I think you have chosen both the smartest and safest route in making a decision on changing your plan and risking the loss of the 5gb data bonus. The customer in question @muldersarah69  had the same question but wanted an upgrade from the $35 to the $40 and the exception was made...because it also benefits public mobiles bottom line. Of course you are asking the opposite  and I would certainly see the reasoning if they do say no. But it never hurts to ask. I would keep one thing in mind. If you did not have the data bonuses would you want to be on the $35 plan? That plan has the least value and I recommend the $40 for value....or the the $25 to save money. (They won't let you change to it.) For $5 I would stay at the $40 and enjoy your plan data. Test and see how much you use without having to be conservative. Remember the add ons will remain for life if you dont use them all up. You may take holidays or camp every weekend in the summer like i do where you will use plan data and dip into the bonuses here and there. The extra 3.5gb of plan data for $5 more is the cheapest in all plans and unless you are on a very tight budget I would stay where you are. I'm in the same boat...same plan same bonus data from a previous promotion that I haven't touched and the most plan data I've used to date is 3/5gb. This month...i used 1.5gb in the first two days...so you never know. I know this I will never have to purchase a data add on ever with public mobile I have enough to last a very long time.

pmmobile
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Jeet  If moderators are not willing to help you keep the 5gb bonus, which they potentially could since the 5gb bonus was available even with a $35 plan? If so, then it's reasonable they can manually apply it back on your acct. Lastly, the $5 difference over time may (obviously) be greater than the data bonus if you are not a heavy user. Good luck!

@darlicious  reported that someone else had a moderator upgrade their plan, the 5Gb did indeed disappear but the moderator put it back for the customer. If you want to downgrade from $40 to $35 you could try going that route since the $35 plan did qualify for the add-on. But wording is No Changes so a downgrade or upgrade was ruled out initially.

You won't lose the two Christmas Gifts (1Gb data add-on and 400 minutes of LD) and you likely already have the second month credit in your available funds which will remain.

AE_Collector 

Jeet

Thank you everyone for reply. I got different replies from everyone and some people said 5gb bonus will stay if i stay in 35$ plan or above.. some said Moderators have accepted plan change and bonus still active. For safer option i would like to go thru Moderators.. 

Thank you everyone

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jeet wrote:

Hi 

I have activated my sim on black friday sale. I got all promotional offers. Thanks to PM. Now im thinking i have too much data that i wont be using it. My question is IF I CHANGE MY PLAN (FROM 40$ TO 35$ PLAN) WILL I LOSE ALL MY OFFERS? 

HOW TO CHANGE PLAN?

The promo said any plan change. Someone had asked the mods about going up in plan cost and keeping that promo data and they succeeded. Many of the past promos were like that where as long as you stayed above a price point then fine. But not going down in cost if a price point was stipulated. Maybe going down to the minimum price point might work though. Some promos don't stipulate staying above a price point.

As for "ALL" your offers, I think the 5gb (and the 2nd month addition) was the only one with a price point.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Changing your plan would cause you to lose the 5GB bonus.  You use the data until it is depleted then change your plan.  If you change your plan then it is recommended to change in next renewal so you don't lose any unused minutes/texts or data.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/change-your-plan

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Stay safe

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

@Jeet wrote:

Hi 

HOW TO CHANGE PLAN?

Hi @Jeet 

Since you are changing to the plan that qualified for the promotional data, maybe it's ok. You should contact moderators to clarify and if yes, they are the only ones who could change your plan so that data add-on stays. 

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@Jeet Yes, the 5 GB will likely disappear. At least thats what the 5gb promo said in the terms and conditions. The others are likely ok.

I tried to find the terms and conditions but I was not successful, but I believe they said if your account goes into suspension or you change your plan, the credit will be removed. Some people have wondered if the PM system is programmed to do this automatically, but I'm sure human intervention will allow them to do whatever they want under the terms and conditions.

Need Help? Let's chat.